Watched status for music, photos, and home videos

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

One thing that annoys me quite a lot is the fact that the music, photos, and home videos all want to track the watched status for these items.

IMO, these three categories are things that do not need this information to be tracked, especially home videos and photos. Who hasn't watched the home video or seen the photos they just put on their server? And music is one of those things where you might buy an album and never listen to a track all the way through and you may listen to another track hundreds of times, making the seen/listened statistic pointless.

• Like 4

Sp3kt3r

I was actually going to request the same thing eventually. I also thing they shouldn't be items with a played/not played status. Every time I add photo or music I automatically set it to "played".

Edited by Sp3kt3r

Beardyname

What about the other users? aka if i add some photos for the rest of my family it's quite possible that they have not seen thees yet :)

thefirstofthe300

What about the other users? aka if i add some photos for the rest of my family it's quite possible that they have not seen thees yet :)

Good point.  Maybe a configurable option in the users profile to remove played status for some types of media?

• 1 year later...
uspider7

+1 for me, the wife loves watching home videos and is always switching back to "Show All" so that she can go over previous videos.  Would be a good setting to have either on the Content type or for granular control at the user level.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
schmitty

Yes. I think perhaps played/unplayed for music, and viewed/not viewed for photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schmitty

computerprep

Would be a good setting to have either on the Content type or for granular control at the user level.

Something in the library editor... admin options to:

Radio button 1) force track played status

Radio button 2) force no track played status

Check box) allow user preferences to override admin setting

Check box with string field) use a different word for "watched" ___________