Unable to delete duplicate items

Shepy

Version 3.0.5464.40000

I added a folder of movies last night, a couple of them were duplicates in different versions but I hadnt realised this, so i for example I had:

\\CHANDLER\Stand Up\Peter Kay - Live at the Top of the Tower (2000)\Peter Kay - Live at the Top of the Tower (2000).avi

\\CHANDLER\Stand Up\Peter Kay - Live at the Top of the Tower (2000)\Peter Kay - Live at the Top of the Tower (2000).mpg

This shows in the metadata manager as if it were a multi-part movie. http://i.imgur.com/RQ63YFV.png

I go in to delete one of the items, and it kicks me out to the login screen, every time i try deleting, regardless of which of the copies i try to remove.

Actually, doesn't seem to be just the duplicate item. Tried to delete another item, which was just a single file / addition, and it does exactly the same thing, kicks out to the login screen.

Are you using an Admin account? . Select Users/<username> from the Server interface and make sure that "allow deletion of library content" is checked. Think you may have to be an admin for this to work.

cheers

It is a permissions problem.  The account the server is running under doesn't have permission to delete those files or the files are in use at the time.

You could just delete the file with windows explorer and the system will adjust as well.  That may be safer in this instance so that you know exactly what is getting deleted.

May be a file in use thing, though there is no one else / nothing playing from the server so shouldn't be, and account definitely has delete permissions (both in terms of the account in MB and the windows account against the SMB share)

Edited by Shepy