Scan media library failed. Start index cannot be less than 0 or greater than input length. Parameter name: start

markrobbo78

markrobbo78

Scan media library failed.

3 minutes ago

Start index cannot be less than 0 or greater than input length. Parameter name: start

Each time I run Media Library Scan I am getting an error and the scan fails with the above error being displayed. This appears to have coincided with updating the version of the server.

I am running Version 3.0.5464.40000

I have attached the log file - would appreciate any insight you can give me.

Cheers,

Mark

Log_Server_ScanLibraryError.txt

can you post a screenshot of the contents of this folder?

\\nas-markrobbo78\Videos\INDEX HTPC\Movies\Watched\3 - ACTION\Argo (2012)

thanks

markrobbo78

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the tip - found some rar files in that folder - took the screengrab for you but also thought I'd try removing them. Sure enough, soon as they were removed, scan completed per normal. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

can you post a screenshot of the contents of this folder?

\\nas-markrobbo78\Videos\INDEX HTPC\Movies\Watched\3 - ACTION\Argo (2012)

thanks

Hi Luke - I have just started receiving the same issue. I've been updating a lot of metadata recently, but not sure of the exact error path. Log file is attached.

Thanks in advance.

server-63555618650.txt

Happy2Play

The log appears to point to D:\Formula 1 Season Review - All Seasons\F1 2009 Season Review (2009).

2014-12-31 10:30:59.6032 Error - App: Error in MovieResolver resolving D:\Formula 1 Season Review - All Seasons\F1 2009 Season Review (2009)

The log appears to point to D:\Formula 1 Season Review - All Seasons\F1 2009 Season Review (2009).

2014-12-31 10:30:59.6032 Error - App: Error in MovieResolver resolving D:\Formula 1 Season Review - All Seasons\F1 2009 Season Review (2009)

Thanks - Checked the folder, multiple files with the same name, but different extension as I was handbraking a file. Thanks again for the quick response.