Unable to turn off or select no subtitles

genro

Hi @@Redshirt,

I'm on the latest Android client and no matter whether I select my subtitle setting before I play a file (to none) or while the movie is playing it (again selecting none) does not persist my selection (e.g. it doesn't change the sub selection from English to None for that particular movie). This has the consequence of always transcoding my files even when it should be able to just remux. 

Also is there a place to change the default behavior of subtitle selection, I can't find that. I would think most people would want the default to be set to none and then let enable it as needed. This definitely is a big factor which causes everything to be transcoded for me using this client. 

Thanks

Redshirt

The default subtitle behavior is defined in the server dashboard, in your user preferences. 

When you open the client dialog to see what subtitles are available, it should default to what is going to be displayed based on the server settings.

Is the server set to always display subtitles?

The default subtitle behavior is defined in the server dashboard, in your user preferences. 

When you open the client dialog to see what subtitles are available, it should default to what is going to be displayed based on the server settings.

Is the server set to always display subtitles?

Thank you Redshirt. I now see the settings about the subtitle display and set it to none instead of default, I'm going to assume that resolves this issue. But is the intended behavior so that you can not override those default settings from the client as you are about to play or playing a movie?

Redshirt

absolutely not. You should be able to set the subtitle/audio settings to whatever you want and that's what should be delivered to the player. The screen I mentioned above only influences what will be selected if you press play without taking any other action. If you open the subtitle dialog and select "None" and subtitles still play then something is wrong. Assuming the subs aren't burned into the video from the original source.

absolutely not. You should be able to set the subtitle/audio settings to whatever you want and that's what should be delivered to the player. The screen I mentioned above only influences what will be selected if you press play without taking any other action. If you open the subtitle dialog and select "None" and subtitles still play then something is wrong. Assuming the subs aren't burned into the video from the original source.

To be honest I didn't even wait to check if the subs were on or off in the actual movie, I just noticed that if I selected subs to None and went back into the same menu it was still showing the setting as selected to English subs for example.

Redshirt

Now that leads to a bug that I can reproduce and will fix....

If you open that dialog and change the streams, playback will reflect what you selected. If you open the dialog a second time it resets the values based on the server settings rather than what you selected the first time you were in the dialog.

Nice catch! 

Thanks Redshirt. 

I see the menu now properly changes in the latest version, however if I change the subtitle while a movie is playing it will stop the movie altogether and go back to the movie detail page. It happened consistently, wanted to let you know. Also (i'm not in front of my device) I think that if I selected subs beforehand and tried to play the movie it also would fail to play but I can't confirm.