MediaPortal Plugins

e123enitan

e123enitan

Has anyone managed to established connections between MB3 and Mediaportal plugins and was able to view LIve TV in MB3 feed from Mediaport. If so kindly document a simple guide to follow for others who may wish to implement the plug, I have spent several hours trying figure out the connection with no avail.

Thanks

Yes, it's working for me.

You need to use MB3 server beta version first of all. Enter the plugin and select channel group and streaming profile(use direct) 

And your MPExtended setup works fine? 

e123enitan

Yes, it's working for me.

You need to use MB3 server beta version first of all. Enter the plugin and select channel group and streaming profile(use direct) 

And your MPExtended setup works fine? 

What version of MB3 are you on, and could you pls post a simple guide to connect MPExtended and MP plugin, I have tried several time but no success.

Thanks

Im on Version 3.0.5464.40000

The simple guide is already in the post from the creator of the plugin, search this forum for that thread.

What MPExt version are you using? Do you have connection to MPExt.? I.e. can you select channel group and streaming profile in MB3 plugin setting? Also post logs from MPExt and MB3 server. Its hard to help without anything to go on.

e123enitan

Im on Version 3.0.5464.40000

The simple guide is already in the post from the creator of the plugin, search this forum for that thread.

What MPExt version are you using? Do you have connection to MPExt.? I.e. can you select channel group and streaming profile in MB3 plugin setting? Also post logs from MPExt and MB3 server. Its hard to help without anything to go on.

I am on the same version which is Version 3.0.5464.40000, I must have missed something, I shall give a try later.

did you exprienced any issue so far? Thanks anyway I shall give a try when my head is cleared.

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

I am on the same version which is Version 3.0.5464.40000, I must have missed something, I shall give a try later.

did you exprienced any issue so far? Thanks anyway I shall give a try when my head is cleared.

I thinks this is the guide you referenced to

An MB3 Live TV Plugin for Media Portal V1

This has been tested with MB3 Server Version 3.0.5451.540 and MP Version 1.8.0. You may have to wait for the next release of MB3 before using this plugin.

This has a prerequisite of installing MPExtended on the box that hosts MediaPortal. Both v0.5.4 and v0.6 are supported - however running v0.5.4 does not allow recordings to be deleted. However v0.6 does, so download and install from here:

v0.5.4 - http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/updated-14-jul-mpextended-webmediaportal-0-5-4.114106/

v0.6 - http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mpextended-0-6-beta-release.125677/

MPExtended allows for testing of itself, please check that it is working correctly by opening the configuration (from the system tray icon) going to Troubleshooting and clicking the links displayed. You should see a browser with something like "{"ApiVersion":4,"HasConnectionToTVServer":true,"ServiceVersion":"0.5.4"}" displayed (depending on the version installed). We are only interested (currently) in the TV and Streaming services.

Installation

Copy to the Plugins folder of your MB3 install

Restart MB3, and navigate to settings

Go to plugins and to the configuration for Media Portal TV Plugin

Configure the plugin, adding any authentication information.

Save the configuration, without adding a Streaming Profile

Click on Plugings again and re-enter configuration for Media Portal TV Plugin and now you are able to select a streaming profile. However, Direct is recommended as this deffers transcoding to MB3

Click on LiveTV and Refresh Guide Data

Switch to the MB3 client UI and you shoud be good to go

Known Limitations

An MB3 Live TV Plugin for Media Portal V1 (1.8.0)

This version has been tested with MB3 Server Version 3.0.5451.540 and MP Version 1.8.0. You may have to wait for the next release of MB3 before using this plugin.

Program thumbnails are not yet supported

MPExtended v0.5.4 does not allow deleting of recordings - please use v0.6 Beta as described above

MPExtended doesn't currently support reading the genre mappings. I am working on an update to a fork of v0.6 in order to supply these values. Then the program meta data will be populated (IsMovie etc)

Picking individual days for a series schedule (if more than one day is specifed and it is not Monday - Friday or Saturday - Sunday, we opt for recording everyday). This is not supported by MP1

Recording Only New Programs - This is not supported by MP1

Feedback

I would appreciate any feedback by posting to this topic. Please raise any issues here: https://github.com/ChubbyArse/MediaPortalTVPlugin/issues if you don't have a GitHub login, post against this topic and I'll add them to the issues list.

TV Guide

Yes, that is the guide. But you no longer need to manually copy dll. Just install the plugin. Its critical that you restart server afterwards. Change settings. Save. Restart server.

Did you see the channel group setting with values inside?

e123enitan

Hi John , It seems to connected, just a simple steps I missed between both apps.
I will documents a simple steps for others to follow thus they dont experience same issue that I went through .in fact it very straight forward/intuitive, but can become an issue when certain portion of both apps are filled incorrectly/inconsistent or omitted.
Cheers, nice one

Edited by e123enitan

I tried to test it, but sadly MediaPortal seems to doesn't work on a Windows Server 2012r2 wits MS SQL Express 2014 

Again no Live-TV for me  :(

Edited by CM000n

pünktchen

I tried to test it, but sadly MediaPortal seems to doesn't work on a Windows Server 2012r2 wits MS SQL Express 2014

Again no Live-TV for me :(

Ask for help in the MediaPortal forum. Your Server OS isn't officially supported, but i know there are users who use this also!

e123enitan

Post your issue on MP new user forum, there is a good help there, I got my working with the support of one the developer, his very helpful and responsive to dealing with issue, once you're up and running, follow the in the thread for MPExtended, its very simple, good luck

Edited by e123enitan

Thanks for your help guys.

But I think I will wait till I get a TV-Backend thats working (more or less) out of the box for me, before I start to tinker again.

Till now I realy love Argus-TV and still hope that we can get a working plugin for it.

But thats now offtopic from me.

Have fun with MediaPortal  ;)

Chubby Arse

Have you tried a MySql database?

Have you tried a MySql database?

Yes, and you're right, it seems to work with MySQL.

But the performance of MySQL is rather poor compared to MSSQL on Windows.

And I use my SQL Databases for other projects too...  ;)

Chubby Arse

Good. In an ideal world, everything would run on a single db technology - sadly that ain't the case!

I shall be posting a sticky later tonight with the installation instructions that are currently on the plugin source code repo. So if you decide to stick with MP, you can get set up with MB3 integration.