Android Client Questions?

hurricanehrndz

hurricanehrndz

It seems HLS support is better. Seems like the app only works with HLS support enable now, without it it doesn't play anything is that correct?

Redshirt

The lack of hls support was a bug that was introduced with the last public release. It should be resolved in an update I published a couple of hours ago.

For devices that support it, HLS is the better choice. The biggest benefit is it performs better when you seek. The only reason clients should have HLS turned off is if their device just doesn't play HLS video.

hurricanehrndz

I have tested the latest release and HLS is working beautifully, but if I turn it off it wont play anything. I'm not sure if you consider that a bug or not, I though I would just give you a heads up. Seeking works ok, I have to put it through more paces. The very little I have tested I think it seeking worked better without HLS but I'm not 100% confident.

Hi,

I had HLS support turned off due to a stuttering problem with the Nexus 5. After an android update to 2.1.34, Live TV does not work at all - even worse it locks up my Nexus 5. I would appear that this update has broken live TV.

Even worse i appears that this version has also broken my video streaming as well.   The last version of android client was working just fine (2.1.28) when HLS was turned off. Now the stuttering appears to be present even with HLS turned off. And finally...after about 5 minutes the screen goes blank.

I'm running: Nexus 5 Kitty Kat, MB Server 3.0.5464.40000, MV Android Client 2.1.34, and Live TV version 1.0.0.52 build 1175.

Right now media Browser is not functional on Nexus 5. Is there anyway to get back to the old version?!? :(