Removed movies still appear in "movie view"

steve1977

steve1977

I am facing a strange issue. I have around 100 movies that I have deleted. I have deleted them directly in Explorer and not in MBS.

These deleted movies no longer show under "folder view" and also not under "metadata manager view", but they under "movie view".

Screenshot from my "movie view" (101 Dalamatians shows double, I had the movie ripped twice, but now deleted the duplicate, which still shows in "movie view")

549535b685f45_doublemovies.jpg

Below the screenshot that the movie is only once in "metadata manager view":

54953645126d6_metadatamanagerview.jpg

One solution could be to manually delete in MBS the respective movies. Issue is that there are 100 duplicate movies and I dont now how to systematically identify them. Also, this would not be a sustainable fix of the underlying issue,

Anything else that I can provide with? Any chance to see a fix?

steve1977

I think I can recplicate the issue. The deleted movies only show up if I still have the same movie again. If I delete in a folder a movie that only exists once in MBS, it no longer displays it. Is it clear what I say and any chance to see a fix?

Olywa123

I had something similar in the past, do you use auto boxsets?

If so, the movies are probably still existing in your 'collections' and so it keeps a 'ghost' of the film in your library. Assuming you have one, go to your 101 Dalmatians 'collection' and delete the media there (remove all films), rescan your library - if that works (and you no longer see the duplicate 101 D in your movies view) re run auto-boxsets and it will only pick up the movies that are still actually in your library. 

Do it specifically for 101 D' as a test and if it works then just delete all your collections, rescan library, re-run auto boxsets and all your dupes should be gone.

Edited by Olywa123
  • Like 1

steve1977

Brilliant, thanks so much. This indeed solves it. Indeed an issue with boxsets.

How can I delete all collections? Or do I need to do this manually?

It will now fix it for me, but would still be great to see a proper bug fix if the the developers find some time for it.

Thanks again, really great!!!

Olywa123

Cool, glad it worked - the quickest way to delete all collections I beleive would be via windows explorer, just go to:

C:\ users > yourusername > appdata > roaming > MediaBrowser-Server  >  data  > collections

Your 'appdata' folder may be hidden so you might need to change explorer settings to show hidden files and folders.

Each collection will have it's own folder in here, the names should be obvious - just delete the folders for each collection, rescan your library, re-run auto boxsets and maybe rescan library again - should do the trick.

• Like 1

steve1977

Thanks so much, this basically solved it.

I still have a discrepancy of 2 movies though. In other words, my movie library has two more movies than my movie folder view, which indicates that two "ghosts" are still there.

Do you have any idea how I can identify these two movies? Once I find them, I could just manually delete them. Thanks in advance!!!

Olywa123

Bummer re the last two - that's tricky mate, how big is your collection? The only way I can think to check it would be quite a manual task. I can think of a couple of similar approaches (assuming all your movies are in the same folder/hard drive - if they span drives it gets even more trickier):

1) Go to metadata manager-->reports and make sure it's filtered on movies - you should have a list of the first 200 movies MB3 Server has in your library. Now go to windows explorer and highlight the first 200 movies in your movie folder - verify that the movies at the start and end of the list match what shows in the MB3 report - repeat for the next 200 in the report until you find where (within that specific 200 batch) there is a discrepancy then do a manual side-by-side comparison for that 200 between the report and windows explorer.

-or-

2) Instead of the reports view, go to your movie view in the web client and using the A-Z letters running vertically down the right hand side (in parallel to the scroll bar), start by selecting Z - the page will show only you movies with Z and a total at the top. Highlight all your Z movies in windows explorer and verify the total is the same. Assuming it is then click Y in the web client (it now shows all Y and Z movies with total number at the top), verify against the explorer count.

Repeat the process until you find a discrepancy so you would at least know what letter the offending movies start with and do a side by side comparison for that specific letter with windows explorer and the web client. 

• Like 1

steve1977

Actually, I didn't get my maths right. It is 22 and not 2. Doesn't make it better though and very difficult to spot out of the 5,000+ movies spanning 11 HDs...

Any other idea? I was thinking I could just remove and re-add all of them, but I believe that MBZ does not read NFO files yet, so this would mean recreating 5,000 NFO files and identifying the movies again. So, this will not work.

steve1977

I found one and think I may what the issue may be. It includes some movies from a different library (from a folder that is not part of the movie library).

No idea why these movies are still displayed. It feels that it is the same issue as with collections. Any hope that this could get fixed?

Olywa123

Sheesh - ok, no that will not work then :) Seems a lot of people have a collection ~1000 movies (I also have ~5000 and recently migrated to some 6TB disks).

The server will read/write .nfo so a full re-add might be the best way. Have a look at your server configuration, go to metadata-->services here you can change the priority of what is saved and what is read by default (i.e. .xml vs .nfo). If you make changes to your priority here (if needed), rescan library then removing and re-adding everything should not change anything.

Before doing a full re-add though, just check this is not a caching issue, to clear out the cache the default folder is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache

steve1977

You are right, it does read the NFO. But unless things have changed, it does not read the "watch flag" from the NFO and does not write it back either?

Anyhow, I believe this way will solve my issue, so thanks for your help.

I am also thinking to go to 6TB drives. Which ones did you buy?

Olywa123

Ah I see, I wasn't aware of the watch flag issue with .nfo (I still use XML as my primary), but that's surprises me as the focuses seems to be more towards .nfo than XML these days - maybe someone else will be able to confirm. 

For the drives I went with the WD 6TB Greens (2 in the server, 4 for backups), always had good luck with WD drives, had probably 2 failures in about 40 drives over the last 8 years and they were in warranty, they have a decent RMA process so getting replacements was easy.

...But unless things have changed, it does not read the "watch flag" from the NFO and does not write it back either?

Things have changed.

5496d6ff82341_nfowatched.png

• Like 2