TV Series in sub-folders

Dibbes

Dibbes

I have a similar issue with TV Shows, ever since I updated to 3.0.5464.40000

Folder structure is:

\\server\series\continuing\<show-title>

\\server\series\ended\<show-title>

\\server\series\kids\<show-title>

For some strange reason, MBS started to see the folders "continuing", "ended" and "kids" as a tv show, created the metadata xml's for it and all shows below as a season.

I've used a workaround, for now, by setting up each folder as a separate media-folder for now, but this gives a fairly cluttered view in MBC

What, exactly, is in the folders "Continuing" "Ended" and "Kids"?  Anything other than series folders?  Any metadata files or video files?

Dibbes

What, exactly, is in the folders "Continuing" "Ended" and "Kids"?  Anything other than series folders?  Any metadata files or video files?

Besides some backdrops, folder.png and logo.png (No video files directly in this folder), the following:

folder.xml with content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
     <Item>
         <Added>26/10/2014 23:00:47</Added>
         <LockData>true</LockData>
         <Type>Folder</Type>
         <LocalTitle>Continuing</LocalTitle>
     </Item>

and the series.xml was recreated:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
     <Series>
         <Added>18/12/2014 00:00:00</Added>
         <LockData>false</LockData>
         <LocalTitle>Continuing Series</LocalTitle>
     </Series>

Edit: Same for the other 2 folders. I had removed the series.xml, but these were recreated after a full library scan.
Edited by Dibbes

Dibbes

If there are 'series.xml' files in those top organization folders, delete them and re-scan.

I did. I edited my previous post. I should have included that immediately. Sorry

Removed them again and re-scanned. It seems these xml's come back with exactly the same data and the same "added" date. Could it be this data is stored somewhere within MBS itself?

Edited by Dibbes

I'm seeing the same issue on 3.0.5464.40000. Not happening with all folders though, for example I have

\\server\TV\Archived\Comedy\<show-title>\<season-folders>

These all behave as expected, only files in Comedy folder are folder.png and folder.xml. The only place season.xml appears are in each individual season folder

\\server\TV\Archived\Drama\<show-title>\<season-folders>

In this section, each show is displayed as if it was a season. In the Drama folder there is a series.xml as well as folder.png and folder.xml. There is a season.xml in each individual <show-title> folder. This means I see no metadata in MB or the metadata manager UI although the correct XMLs are still there with all data present and accounted for. Deleting and re-scanning just adds the series and season XMLs back.

In the example above \\server\tv is a media folder of type TV Shows.

Dibbes

I resolved this re-installing the server. I made no further changes to my metadata (besides removing the XML's from the top-folders), just a full re-install (took the opportunity to upgrade some hardware: i7 proc, 8GB RAM and a SSD drive for the OS, so the re-install was including OS, etc) and now all is displayed properly.

On a side note: The re-scan took well over 18hrs while all the subtitle/fanart download options were turned off. I do have a fairly large library (about 25k series episodes and close to 3000 movies), but 18hrs seems a little excessive, especially since the network speed between server and storage is gigabit and the internet connection was not in use, except scanning. The normal scan now takes about 1.5hrs, which is also a lot longer than what I'm used to.