How to find 'Tools' and unc screens?

thewallace

thewallace

Ive used the older MB for years and just upgraded to the new 3.0 server and client. But I'm confused even after reading the tutorials.

- I want to go back and redit my UNC path to add new folders. But I can't figure out how to get to the "Tools" or initial setup screens.

Going to http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html takes me to a great interface screen. But how to I get to Tools and the initial setup screens after setup? Thanks anyone.....

Edited by thewallace

BATTLE DONKEY

From the web ui click the gear icon in the upper right corner. That will take u back to the initial setups screens u are looking forward. Click the 3 bars in the upper left corner then library to set up ur UNC paths

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

thewallace

I dont have a gear icon on either the web ui, configurator, or MB interface screens. I must be missing something. Do I need to log into the ui as and admin somehow?

thewallace

This is the the page I get when I go to the web ui dashboard. I don't get the gear icon or any of the tools choices I'm supposed to.

I'm logged in as the 'admin' Any idea why I can't get to the tools dashboard?

549632688c3fe_tools.png

thewallace

I'm runnin the newest Windows server 3.0.5464.4000.

When I go to http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/login.html I see a page for a fraction of a second with settings on it, and then it take me to this login page...which takes me to the page above. Home is my admin user. Its like its bypassing the tools page for some reason.

5496355a671f2_toos.png

Edited by thewallace

maybe you accidently removed admin access from your only account. the server shouldn't let you do that. but just in case, shutdown the server, go to the program data folder/config/users/home/config.xml. Set IsAdministrator to true

thewallace

That fixed it. This was in the config.xml: 

<IsAdministrator>false</IsAdministrator>

I changed it to true and restarted the server. The gear icon appears now.....thanks.