Feature request: in play bitrate setting

wolfbuddy

wolfbuddy

It would be really great to have an icon in the player to change the max bitrate setting on the fly during playback, like the web app has, for both playback on the device and when casting.

Apologies if this has been requested already.

wolfbuddy

I see this is available for during playback on the device, but not for casting, however it crashes the app every time I try it. Then the app has to be forced to stop before it will launch again. I'll have a look for the corresponding log.

Redshirt

yeah I discovered and fixed a bug I introduced with the last public release. This just isn't my month. Build 2.1.34 just went live and should be visible in the next few hours. 

I know the dialog isn't present when casting. I've considered adding it. I'll most likely do it when I refresh the remote control UI to allow the full command set.

wolfbuddy

OK. Here's the log anyway, in case it's not what you're expecting. There's a null pointer exception in there somewhere.

client-84b1399a-3f0a-452e-8fc5-9dac25c52a4b.txt

If you happen to speak to the web app guys, the bitrate dialog would be nice to have when casting too from there too. Actually it's needed more there because the server load for the same bitrate setting is seems lower when it's transcoding for webm.