Bitstreaming issue on 2nd HTPC

Toys7505

Toys7505

Hi guys,

I am having a bit of trouble getting a 2nd HTPC I built using Win7 Home Premium 64bit - WMC and using MBC client that is looking at MBServer on my MAIN HTPC. No content is contained on this 2nd HTPC.....

No matter what I do or which Codecs I use, I can not get this to Bitstream HD Audio (DTS-MA & Dolby TrueHD). My receiver is a Denon AVR-791 which is capable of decoding HD Audio. Under my default playback device - it lists the Denon but only has Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS under supported formats. I have tried LAV Filter/Splitter and Shark007 Codecs.....

Has anyone else run into this issue? Are HD Audio formats capable of being received over Cat5e cable?

The motherboard is an ASROCK H81M-itx with an Intel Pentium G3220 chip. According to what I have read on the 'net, this combo should be able to Bitstream audio. I also have the latest Intel HD Graphics driver as well as MEI Driver installed. I have HDMI HD Audio checked in BIOS and my BIOS is current with latest release.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? Anything that I have over looked here?

Much appreciated!

Toys

First, make sure your content is actually direct playing by ensuring you've defined your library on the server in a way that the other machine can see it (UNC Paths) or setup path substitution for the same purpose.

Toys7505

First, make sure your content is actually direct playing by ensuring you've defined your library on the server in a way that the other machine can see it (UNC Paths) or setup path substitution for the same purpose.

EBR - yes this is setup correctly using my servers name and folder of where content is located.

Toys

I would double check your Intel drivers to verify they are indeed the latest, from Intel's site. This fixed this issue recently when I reformatted and reinstalled win7 and WMC/MB3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Toys7505

I would double check your Intel drivers to verify they are indeed the latest, from Intel's site. This fixed this issue recently when I reformatted and reinstalled win7 and WMC/MB3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am actually thinking about starting over and re-installing everything from scratch. I've un-installed/re-installed drivers and all that crap so many times, something has bound to be messed up by now.

Thanks,

Toys