Problem getting multiple video folders to show as one with the little number icon

aslaksonal

aslaksonal

I've been reorganizing my video collection to try to clean up the movie picker in MBC - Chocolate. Most of the time it works. Sometimes it doesn't. It appears that if there is more than one sub-folder that contains a DVD file structure (VIDEO_TS folder), the movie displays in the thumbs as if it contained just the first folder. For example:

What works:

Main Folder (with both "folder" and "backdrop" files)

/Video01 (contains a video file with all the graphics and xml stuff)

/Video02 (ditto)

etc (Ive only gotten up to 3 so far)

OR

Main Folder

/Video01 (with a video file)

/Video02 (with a DVD file structure)

What doesn't work:

Main Folder

/Video01 (contains a DVD file structure)

/Video02 (contains a DVD file structure)

OR

Main Folder

/Video01 (contains a video file)

/Video02 (contains a DVD file structure)

/Video03 (contains a DVD file structure)

Both MBC and MB Server are the current versions - did a complete reinstall today, just in case.

Am I missing something, or is what I want to do impossible? For example, the Lord of the Rings Special Edition DVD package includes 4 disks for each of the three movies. I'm hoping to get them all into one folder that displays with a "4" in that little green circle.

Thanks for any info . . .

al

what you say is working, probably isn't working.

check the server wiki for examples of multipart movies.

in short, Video01 is not sufficient to indicate multipart. It needs to end in something like Disc 1, Cd 1, Part 1, etc

aslaksonal

Told you I was missing something. Maybe I still am.

Partial success. Renaming the folders as per the wiki seems to work if all of the the sub-folders contain the same type of video - ie: all DVD folders, or all video files. If the sub-folders don't all have the same type of video content, then it doesn't. For example, with three subfolders,  one with a .TS file, and two with VIDEO_TS folders, and naming the three folders with "Disc 1", "Disc 2" and "Disc 3" appended, when you open the main folder in MBC (click on the thumb), then play, the sub-menu lists just the two with VIDEO_TS folders. In this case, the main movie is in a .TS file, while the two "extras" folders are both DVD folders. I'd like all three to some up with just one thumbnail in MBC.

Haven't yet tried it with all .TS files in the three sub-folders, but as they seem to work the way I want the way I've been doing it, that's not a concern. It's the ones with mixed video types and multiple DVD folders that are my problem.

So - what am I still missing here? Do I maybe need an /Extras folder with two VIDEO_TS in it? The wiki says that MBC doesn't support nested folders, so haven't tried that.

Thanks

al

Edited by aslaksonal

i'm having a hard time visualizing that, so screenshots would be easier. but yes, i can confirm that with multi-part videos, all videos must be of the same type or they'll be displayed separately.

aslaksonal

OK - Think I've got it figured out. At least it's working the way I want now. Unfortunately, I have a plane to catch. I'll post results and screen shots in a day or two when I get a chance.

Thanks much - you got me pointed properly.

al