Odd Behavior w/ Parental Controls

michaeltruncale

michaeltruncale

@@ebr I have two users currently, "Default" with Parental Controls up to TV-14; and an "Admin" with no Parental Controls defined.

Logged in as Default, if I search for an "R" movie such as Olympus Has Fallen I get zero results;!however if I scroll through my movies I find Olympus Has Fallen in the list. There's a few things odd about this:

1. Olympus has Fallen shouldn't appear due to parental controls

2. When clicked on it, it displays a different movie, "Mulan"

3. I can't find Mulan in the movie list however I can find it when using search

4. Olympus has Fallen seems to not be in alphabetical order placement, seems to be exactly where Mulan should be

When logged in as Admin I still cannot find Mulan in the list, however I can now search for Olympus has a Fallen. Olympus has Fallen still appears where Mulan should be.

Also another oddity is that the photo for Morgan Freeman in a movie shows a movie poster for How to Train Your Dragon 2.

post-5740-14192343318333_thumb.jpgpost-5740-14192343632569_thumb.jpg

michaeltruncale

Well when I'm logged in as "Default" and search for Olympus nothing shows up but when I search for Mulan, Mulan appears with the proper poster. post-5740-14192610692072_thumb.jpg

post-5740-14192610844491_thumb.jpg

Then when I log in as "Admin" and search for Olympus, Olympus shows up.

post-5740-14192611354866_thumb.jpg

I verified that each movies had correct metadata and they have correct ratings. I only made two changes last night, which is when I began seeing the issue, (1) enabled parental control, (2) installed the box sets plugin.

Should I rescan the metadata?

Uninstall and then reinstall the plugin?

Restart MBS again?

Disable Parental Controls, test, report back?

Thanks.

Edited by michaeltruncale

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

Re the above, I tried the above of disabling then re-enabling parental controls, but still had problems.

Within Users / Parental Control - I have set maximum allowed parental control to be GB-U I have also ticked block items with no rating information. I have checked within Metadata Manager on the films below, that  Parental ratings confirm 12A or older / are blank...

- On the web browser and on android, I can still see movies with 12A (but no parental rating are fine)

- On the web browser, I can also see movies with no parental rating

A separate request on parental control - please may an we have half hour options as well as the hour (apols young children where 30 mins is helpful!)

Just confirming re parental control - Do schedules only effect accessing the library? ie it does not stop a movie that is being watched at the end of the day?

With many thanks and regards

Edited by ttmb

Then be sure they don't have custom ratings defined.  If not, post screen shots of specific examples.  Thanks.

Thanks, but we need some more context of what is happening.

Screen shots of the following:

That whole metadata page of the item

The user settings page that show the parental control settings

The view in the web client that shows both the item that shouldn't be there and the logged in user

Hi EBR

Many thanks for your help - I found 2 ways to fix:-

1 - Change the parental rating to a different level then back again and save

2 - Refresh the data

With many thanks and regards

Edited by ttmb