Win 7 Pro server compatibality with Win 8.1 MBC client

mrbasic1

mrbasic1

Hi, I am a bit new to Mediabrowser so forgive me if I stumble. Experiancing an issue with my setup where the Win 7 Pro MB server connects with a Win 8.1 client Windows Mediabrowser Classic and the Movies by Genre or Music by Genre both hang or fail. 

Win 7 MBC to Win 7 pro server works fine.

Android client on Samsung Galaxy pro works fine.

My 2 Roku 3 devices one wirless and one wired ethernet both work fine.

Win 8.1 MBC to Win 7 Pro server hangs.

Both Win 7 Pro and Win 8.1 servers are Server Version 3.0.5464.40000

Win 7 Pro and Win 8.1 with WMC are v3.0.238

What I mean by hang is if I select Movies by Genre in MBC on Win 8.1 it hangs for about 30 seconds then clears, but most the 23 genere icons are empty after that. If I let it set for 30 minutes it fills in about 6 of the icons and the rest are empty with a red check mark like they have already been watched. I descovered this by process of elemination using two Win 8.1 laptops and w Win 7 Pro server. MBC works fine on the Win 7 server and if I bring up a Win 8.1 server that seems to work with other Win 8.1 clients.

Is this a known issue and or is any fix available.?

Thanks,

Mike

mrbasic1

Well after posting this I see there is a beta version of MBC v3.0.243. I uninstalled the v3.0.238 and installed v3.0.243 and that appears to have resolved my COMPATIBILITY/GENRE problem. Keep up the good work and thanks as I like this interface to my media over most if not all the rest. That is why I'm a member now.

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 1