Unable to watch live TV from web client

virtualtinker

virtualtinker

I'm running MBS Version 3.0.5464.40000, SWMC build 1175.

Recording still works fine, just live TV is not working.  When I click to view a channel, the screen makes it look like it's going to display something but never actually does.  The piece that stands out to me in SWMC's log is below.

2014/12/22 20:41:55.934 LiveRemuxStream> started remux thread: 'KDFIDT2-27.2:68219195'
2014/12/22 20:41:55.981 Remux::FindDescriptors> Scanning wtv for streams...
2014/12/22 20:42:08.009 WaitForTsFile> timeout reached, throwing exception
2014/12/22 20:42:08.009 LiveRemuxStream> process start error: Stream file 'ts' does not exist (likely no data was found to remux), timeout: 10,000 ms reached. calling Close()

I've enabled debugging on the server, restarted both the server and sWMC component to clean up the logs and recreated the issue so it's captured in the logs which I have attached.

Please let me know if there's anything I can help out with or any additional information I need to provide.  Thanks!

server-63554877650.txt

ServerWMC.log

krustyreturns

In the log you seem to be only trying channel 27.2, right?  Do other channels work?  Serverwmc doesn't seem to be finding any data for this channel on the tuner its trying, I can't tell why.  I assume this channel works in wmc?

You have an hdhr prime though, so really swmc should not even be trying to capture tuner data, it should just be sending a dlna url to mbs.  The problem is swmc doesn't think dlna is enabled on your tuner.  open a web browser and type this into the address bar:

192.168.10.106/lineup.xml

if an xml file opens see if each channel has a URL field.  If no xml file opens you might want to do a firmware upgrade on your tuner device.

virtualtinker

Okay that makes no sense.  I went ahead and tried to play something inside WMC on my server and apparently PlayReady is somehow borked.  It insists that I need to update it to play protected content, but it constantly throws errors that it was unable to successfully update.  I can only assume that this is my problem.  In any case, I need to get this fixed before I go any further so I'll be looking up some solutions to it tomorrow.

Thanks for your assistance so far!  I'll update the thread once I confirm that updating PlayReady fixes my issues.

Hi, not sure if this will help you, but a recent patch (Dec 12) to Win 7 borked PlayReady.  I advise to see this thread, and check for the patch on your PC before going through extreme troubleshooting/rebuilding.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8212

The patch should have been pulled unless you haven't patched since the 12th.  Any case, thought I would mention it as it appeared to impact many people. 

Here is the MS thread that addresses the fix.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
virtualtinker

Okay so in the end I had to uninstall PlayReady and delete some registry related information as well as some hidden files.   Afterward I was able to reinstall PlayReady, but I had to reactivate my cable card.  I only just got around to doing this yesterday, but everything is working now.

And Kent, as I am only seeing this thread again now, I totally missed your comment, but it's good to know, thanks!