How to change the view in MBC?

davesurfer

davesurfer

So I'm not sure how the view changed, but I have a folder in my TV shows called "Archived", where I throw all the TV shows that are no longer current into. Usually I have my TV show covers and movies laid out in a pile of covers, but when going into this Archived folder, I see the TV shows are laid out all together without seasons and instead lists all the episodes of the entire show. How can I get it back to the way it was? I can't find any controls to change the view. Here's a pic to describe what I see now:

549908e74b72d_wp_20141222_23_02_52_raw.j

Cheesegeezer

I'm not quite sure why you are having the problem.  I've just test chocolate and created an archived folder and put 2 TV Shows in it and get a list of coverflow TV shows.

What version of the server are you using and MBC. Also if you can post logs (see my signature on how to report a problem)

There is an option in MBC Config to disable the view.  its under Chocolate Views -> Custom Views.

I would suggest running a library scan from the server (Advanced tab on the left and then click the button at the top that says "Scheduled tasks", find Scan library and hit the play button).

Cheers

AdrianW
  • Cursor up until you get to the cog icon (top right, 2nd right after the clock in your image) - and press enter.
  • Then cursor right to "View" and press enter"
  • If any of the squares on the bottom row are green then they are selected - you probably have "banners" selected, cursor to banners and press enter to de-select it
  • The rectangle on the top row that is green is your current view. You probably want "poster" so cursor to that one and press enter
  • The exit from the view menu and hopefully you'll be back to your preferred view

I noticed something went a little weird with my TV archive folder as well.

I fixed it by going to the Media Library section, and expanding my "TV Archive" folder - I then removed the Media Location, then re-added it and finally ran a scan.

Edited by AdrianW

I'm not sure what a "pile of covers" is but perhaps you simply changed the view in the theme from CoverFlow to List/Details...?

davesurfer

• Cursor up until you get to the cog icon (top right, 2nd right after the clock in your image) - and press enter.
  • Then cursor right to "View" and press enter"
  • If any of the squares on the bottom row are green then they are selected - you probably have "banners" selected, cursor to banners and press enter to de-select it
  • The rectangle on the top row that is green is your current view. You probably want "poster" so cursor to that one and press enter
  • The exit from the view menu and hopefully you'll be back to your preferred view

I noticed something went a little weird with my TV archive folder as well.

I fixed it by going to the Media Library section, and expanding my "TV Archive" folder - I then removed the Media Location, then re-added it and finally ran a scan.

That goes to the Configuration page, not the view options. However, when in the TV folder which has all the TV shows listed, it will go to the Config/View/Index options. It's like it's treating that Archive folder like a TV show or something. As I cannot change view options when I'm inside a TV show folder. I'll try fix it by removing the media location and re-adding it and running a scan...

davesurfer

I'm not sure what a "pile of covers" is but perhaps you simply changed the view in the theme from CoverFlow to List/Details...?

Like rows of covers, squares. There is no way to change the view. If I got to the cog it goes to the Configuration page, not the Config/View/Index options like I get when going inside the general TV folder that has the shows listed.

davesurfer

I'm not quite sure why you are having the problem.  I've just test chocolate and created an archived folder and put 2 TV Shows in it and get a list of coverflow TV shows.

What version of the server are you using and MBC. Also if you can post logs (see my signature on how to report a problem)

There is an option in MBC Config to disable the view.  its under Chocolate Views -> Custom Views.

I would suggest running a library scan from the server (Advanced tab on the left and then click the button at the top that says "Scheduled tasks", find Scan library and hit the play button).

Cheers

i'm using the latest versions as of today. I disabled Custom Views and that seemed to do the trick! Then I just had to put enable the coverflow for each TV show folder and the List view for each season folder. Thanks!

Edited by davesurfer

If that worked then it does mean that that archive folder is probably not being recognized properly so you may see other issues in other areas related to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Were some major changes made to Chocolate theme recently? Its a mess for me now.

I have my TV in subfolders by Genre groups and the top level has been defined in MB Library server settings as TV type. When I view my TV, I see my Genres in Converflow view. Now when i open a genre folder, I see all shows within that folder in the same view as the screenshot at the top of this thread. Also, the config button goes directly to config, I cannot access the view menu. 

Previously I had it setup so that after selecting a genre folder, all shows within the folder were displayed in poster view. 

If I switch off custom views config setting I get poster view and the view menu, but when i select a show from the poster view, i see all episodes for all seasons in one long list. Previously the list was broken into season lists where you could view the episodes by season.

How do I get it back to the way it was before i went on Xmas holidays?

ps. and yes updated to latest server Version 3.0.5482.1

Edited by Z0r0b

I have my TV in subfolders by Genre groups and the top level has been defined in MB Library server settings as TV type. 

ps. and yes updated to latest server Version 3.0.5482.1

Okay, this doesn't have anything to do with Chocolate or MBC.  This is a change in how we discover different content types.  If you look in the alpha area there is an explanation but, basically, what you need to do is set your top level folder content type to "Unset (mixed)" and then set each of the genre folders under it to "TV Shows".  Then re-scan with the server.

• Like 1

I tried the unset option and then setting the subfolders to TV in metadata manager but everything was still messed up. I went back to the most recent stable release and switched off betas. Everything is now exactly working as it was before.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
davesurfer

If that worked then it does mean that that archive folder is probably not being recognized properly so you may see other issues in other areas related to that.

How do I get the Archives folder to recognize properly?

davesurfer

Make sure they adhere to our naming conventions and have the proper content type set.

Oh wow I just looked and the closest to mine is the 1x02.avi type. My episodes are 01.mkv, 02.mkv etc. in each season folder and they seem to work good in the TV folder, but when nestled under the Archive folder I'm guessing that's what's screwing it up? So I have rename all my episodes now? So I could do 101.mkv, 102.mkv, just not 01.mkv, 02.mkv right? Thanks!

Also how does one set the content as it's already nested under the TV folder already with the TV content. Doesn't the TV content type apply to all folders inside the TV folder?

Edited by davesurfer

AdrianW

So I have rename all my episodes now? So I could do 101.mkv, 102.mkv, just not 01.mkv, 02.mkv right? Thanks!

You could do that - but I'd recommend using one of the two more standard formats: S01E01 or 1x01 - much easier to determine what the season number is - especially when you get to double digit seasons or triple digit (rare) episode numbers.

Look at the tool renamer - really easy to insert a string at the beginning of a bunch of files.

You probably just need to make sure the content type is set properly on the parent folders.  Look at the example for Star Trek in the wiki.

davesurfer

You probably just need to make sure the content type is set properly on the parent folders.  Look at the example for Star Trek in the wiki.

I don't want to have to rename episodes in 42 TV shows, and even if I did I doubt it would solve anything. This is crazy, everything worked before this update. The TV shows in the Archived folder showed normally, when I entered a TV show, it showed the covers for each season nicely. Now, when I go into a TV Show folder in the Archives folder it shows all the episodes in one massive list without the Seasons folders.

One thing I noticed is all these .nfo files being created now. This is new. .nfo files were never created before. I think this is screwing up stuff. Now in the Archived folder there's a series.xml and a tvshow.nfo file. I don't think this is correct, as the Archived folder is just a folder that stores older TV shows and is not a TV show itself. These .nfo files are now being automatically generated when I copy a video to a folder. When I delete the .nfo file it just gets re-created. How can I prevent these files from being created, how can I change the folder type back to what it was before? Thanks!

Edited by davesurfer

Macburp

In the web client metadata manager, go to the Archive folder. The content type should be set to 'Inherit'. Change it to 'TV', and save. Go to the Advanced page in the dashboard and do 'scan media library'. Restart MBC.  Hopefully, this will solve your issue. I had the same problem as you after the recent server changes, this fixed it .

I don't want to have to rename episodes in 42 TV shows, and even if I did I doubt it would solve anything. This is crazy, everything worked before this update. The TV shows in the Archived folder showed normally, when I entered a TV show, it showed the covers for each season nicely. Now, when I go into a TV Show folder in the Archives folder it shows all the episodes in one massive list without the Seasons folders.

One thing I noticed is all these .nfo files being created now. This is new. .nfo files were never created before. I think this is screwing up stuff. Now in the Archived folder there's a series.xml and a tvshow.nfo file. I don't think this is correct, as the Archived folder is just a folder that stores older TV shows and is not a TV show itself. These .nfo files are now being automatically generated when I copy a video to a folder. When I delete the .nfo file it just gets re-created. How can I prevent these files from being created, how can I change the folder type back to what it was before? Thanks!

Read my suggestion again (and macburps right above this).  I didn't say anything about renaming episodes...

davesurfer

In the web client metadata manager, go to the Archive folder. The content type should be set to 'Inherit'. Change it to 'TV', and save. Go to the Advanced page in the dashboard and do 'scan media library'. Restart MBC.  Hopefully, this will solve your issue. I had the same problem as you after the recent server changes, this fixed it .

So my Archive folder is inside my TV folder where all my other current TV shows are. So the TV folder is set to TV. How do I set things for the Archive folder? Or am I in the right place? I'm going to the libraries, how do you go about doing what you suggest? Thanks!

Macburp

So my Archive folder is inside my TV folder where all my other current TV shows are. So the TV folder is set to TV. How do I set things for the Archive folder? Or am I in the right place? I'm going to the libraries, how do you go about doing what you suggest? Thanks!

You need to open a web browser and load the web client, then use the top left menu to go to the metadata manager, which lists all the folders in your library.

davesurfer

You need to open a web browser and load the web client, then use the top left menu to go to the metadata manager, which lists all the folders in your library.

Ok, not seeing a "metadata manager", you mean the Library section? When I go there, I get the TV library, which just contains my top level TV folders. See image:

54c07dd634e3c_Clip_22.jpg

AdrianW

You need to hover over the three small bars at the very top left of the screen, wait a little bit and a menu will fly out. The metadata manager is towards the bottom.