How to change the view in MBC?

davesurfer

davesurfer

You need to hover over the three small bars at the very top left of the screen, wait a little bit and a menu will fly out. The metadata manager is towards the bottom.

Sweet! Didn't know that existed! Wow. Ok, so did all you suggested and it did fix it. I can now go into each TV show under the Archived folder and get separate seasons now. Only problem is now all my episode names are gone, each season just displays episodes with their file names, 01, 02, 03 etc. Will this take time for the names to come back? Like it takes time for the library to finish refreshing? Has this something to do with the latest thing I've noticed where these .nfo files are being created automatically now? Maybe MBC is using them first (priority) for the metadata instead of the .xml or Metabrowser generated metadata?

Edited by davesurfer

AdrianW

Will this take time for the names to come back? Like it takes time for the library to finish refreshing? Has this something to do with the latest thing I've noticed where these .nfo files are being created automatically now? Maybe MBC is using them first (priority) for the metadata instead of the .xml or Metabrowser generated metadata?

You'll need to run a library scan to completion after changing content type via the metadata manager.

If you're using metabrowser and are going to continue to use it (I do) - then I'd suggest turning off "fetch metadata from the internet" within Media Browser. (There's an option under the "metadata" section).

davesurfer

Yeah I turned off the library scan a while back. So the Library/ Library scan is different then the Advanced/Scheduled Tasks/Scan media library?

AdrianW

Yeah I turned off the library scan a while back. So the Library/ Library scan is different then the Advanced/Scheduled Tasks/Scan media library?

No. It's the same thing. Just two different ways to access the same function.

davesurfer

No. It's the same thing. Just two different ways to access the same function.

Ok thought so. So as I suspected. All my current TV shows that don't have those .nfo files in them have the names of the episodes listed. The Archived folder ones, all have the .nfo files...they are the ones that don't list the episode names and just have the file names listed. These .nfo files are messing the metadata up I think. How can I get MBC to just look at the .xml files that metabrowser creates instead of these .nfo files being created when things are being copied into folders?

AdrianW

Someone else is going to have to answer that one I'm afraid.

But, I suppose you could just try deleting the .nfo files and performing a scan again.

davesurfer

Ok thought so. So as I suspected. All my current TV shows that don't have those .nfo files in them have the names of the episodes listed. The Archived folder ones, all have the .nfo files...they are the ones that don't list the episode names and just have the file names listed. These .nfo files are messing the metadata up I think. How can I get MBC to just look at the .xml files that metabrowser creates instead of these .nfo files being created when things are being copied into folders?

Seems like the .xml is priority

54c08c956662e_Clip_22.jpg

Someone else is going to have to answer that one I'm afraid.

But, I suppose you could just try deleting the .nfo files and performing a scan again.

Yeah I started doing that. I'll see what that does. Thanks for all the help though!! :)