Image resizing

steelman1991

steelman1991

What size does MBC (Using Chocolate default theme) resize thumbnails to? and is there a way to  increase this. TMDB is now offering thumbnails up to 1920x1080 and the quality is excellent, however the resizing in MBC just counteracts the quality by resizing to a poor quality. Is there any way to allow the  display of such images in high quality, or will it impact too much on navigation and animation within the theme?

On reading this it may be more appropriate to the 'themes' thread - feel free to move.

Edited by steelman1991

There are settings in the advanced config page. It very well could impact performance, but you can play with it and see.

Realize, however, that everything in wmc is scaled so it will never be as sharp as full native resolution.

steelman1991

Yeah something came to me after I posted about WMC scaling images, irrespective of native resolution. Thanks will tinker with the advanced settings see if it can't improve the detail.

AdrianW

There are settings in the advanced config page. 

What are the default settings for these? And which sizes match what MBC had before those adjustable settings were added?

I've been playing with them, and I'm not sure what the optimal settings should be.

AdrianW

What is optimal will depend on each person's environment, but the defaults are:

OK, Thanks.