Trailers showing as movies and movies not using local artwork

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I run MB so my friends and family can stream my movies and such.  I don't access the server much myself as I use XBMC in my house.  Because of this, I don't necessarily see problems the moment they arise.  So I'm not sure when this started, but I noticed a bunch (if not all) of my trailers are showing as movies all with the title "The History of the Movie Trailer".  I am also having a problem where a bunch, but not all, of my movies are not using the local movie poster I have downloaded.  Some that I know were using my local poster are no longer and seem to have one grabbed off the internet.  My file structure is like this:

\Server\Despicable Me\

\Server\Despicable Me\Despicable Me (2010).mkv

\Server\Despicable Me\movie-trailer.mkv

\Server\Despicable Me\poster.png

\Server\Despicable Me\banner.jpg

\Server\Despicable Me\clearart.png

etc.

This works fine in XBMC and used to work fin in MediaBrowser.  How can I correct these two problems and refresh my images?  I would prefer to only use local posters.

Happy2Play

\Server\Despicable Me\movie-trailer.mkv

Are your trailers actually move-trailer.ext?  If so they need to be moviename-trailer.ext (Despicable Me-trailer.mkv). 

Replicated your issue with movie-trailer.ext

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Trailers

Are your movie poster just getting updated to new ones?  If so then do you have automatic updates enabled?

549c86abdce95_updates2.png

bozrdnag

Yes, my trailers are literally named movie-trailer.ext. They always have been and I didn't used to have this peoblem. Is there an easy, automated way to change the file name to (movie name)-trailer.ext?

Yes, I did unknowingly have auto update enabled. I've turned it off now. How can I refresh the images?

bozrdnag

OK. I found a great app called Bulk Rename Utility which easily allowed me to mass rename the files adding the parent folder's name to the file name.  That was the part that I tough was going to be hard to automate.  After a library scan the trailers are no longer showing as movies.

Now how can I refresh the posters to use my local files?

bozrdnag

The refresh button in the metadata editor...?

1, That does not change the image.  It seem you have to go into Images\Upload and then browse to the file

2.  Are you seriously suggesting that I manually edit every single movie that is not using my local file?  We're talking hundreds of movies here.

bozrdnag

What artwork is being displayed if is not the poster.png?

I don't know.  I'm assuming it's artwork downloaded off the net.

Can you give us an example with screenshots of what you are seeing and the contents of the folder in question?

bozrdnag

I created that myself.

EDIT:  I should clarify - I didn't create it out of thin air, I download a cover I like and insert into a Blu-Ray case that I got off the net an tweaked some.  I'm real particular about my covers.  That's why I want my local files used.

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I think the problem may be solved now thanks to Happy2Play's tip about the Automatic Updates.  That was enabled and is now turned off.  It seems like that would overwrite the primary image if a new one was found online.

My question now is how can I easily revert the images back to my local files?

no that's not it. automatic updates will only download new images, which is what he was trying to highlight with the big red box he drew.

bozrdnag

Right.  So if it sees a new image online it downloads it which would overwrite mine in cache, right? I'm assuming that when it says existing images will not be replaced it means local images will not be replaced. Is that not correct?

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play

do you have local metadata saving on or off?

Off.

Luke - Won't he have to clear the cached information and rescan his library for it to use his custom images again?