Roku Server

Nick's MCE

Nick's MCE

Hi

Just went to set up MB on Roku and followed the steps, when it comes to the pin I went to My PC and entered the PIN online and it confirmed. I went back to my Roku and the server was there no problem.

When I then click to connect it says unable to connect to server.

I then typed the I.P in manually and no problem server is there and can access and play all libraries. 

This is where the problem starts, when I exit and re-enter I cannot connect to the server unless I manually type the I.P address each time.

I have removed the server and gone through the process about 10 times both with the pin and manually.

I have 2 Roku's in the house and the same thing is happening on both.

Any help appreciated.

Nick

ncarty97

Having the same problem. I thought it might be because I am using it remotely, but that doesn't sound like its the case, plus my wife's kindle connects fine

Sent from my Windows Phone

if remote then you may need to open ports through your router.

if not remote, then make sure you haven't disabled remembering login settings in the app settings. that will cause you to have to login everytime.

Nick's MCE

Hi

Yep, checked the remember user thing in the preferences and it is selected as yes.

When I go back in the server name is there but when I go connect it says"unable to connect check if server is running".

I then type in the I.P address again and it goes straight in.

This is something which has started since the connect thing appeared, before this I never had the problem. 

It's like it forgets the I.P address each time I exit.

Really annoying, any further advice greatly appreciated

Nick

i can't reproduce the problem so someone might have to play with the code a little. either that or you'll have to clear all channel, and write down the exact steps to reproduce it from a clean install

ginjaninja

Hi

Just went to set up MB on Roku and followed the steps, when it comes to the pin I went to My PC and entered the PIN online and it confirmed. I went back to my Roku and the server was there no problem.

When I then click to connect it says unable to connect to server.

I then typed the I.P in manually and no problem server is there and can access and play all libraries. 

This is where the problem starts, when I exit and re-enter I cannot connect to the server unless I manually type the I.P address each time.

I have removed the server and gone through the process about 10 times both with the pin and manually.

I have 2 Roku's in the house and the same thing is happening on both.

Any help appreciated.

Nick

check in the server interface what the remote access url is configured to...is it valid...

turn of any internal firewalls to see if they are interfering..

check roku and server ip address...confirm they are not fluctuating..