Process to move to new People folder structure

crashkelly
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

crashkelly

Hi,

Sorry if this is a question with a super easy answer, but I want to be sure of what I am doing before I do it.

I just updated the server to the latest beta release this morning and from reading the blog post about it the is a new folder structure for People. I want to update to the new structure but I am unsure of how to go about it. Is it as simple as delete the structure that is already there and allowing MB3 to repopulate with the new structure or is there something else to it?

Regardless of the method, I do know that everything, People, will need to re-download and therefore it will take a bit.

Thanks for any info

Cheers

crashkelly

The idea is for existing users to migrate over time as they re-install the server. if you want to migrate now, find the server xml config file and set the value EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders to true. Eventually this value will go away and everyone will use the new convention.

Hi

After looking, I think it is the system.xml file.

Just wanted to post that in case anyone else is looking

Cheers

• Solution

The idea is for existing users to migrate over time as they re-install the server. if you want to migrate now, find the server xml config file and set the value EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders to true. Eventually this value will go away and everyone will use the new convention.

• Like 1

Do we know if Mediacentre Master will deal with changed structure as that populates ImagesByName as well?

Do we know if Mediacentre Master will deal with changed structure as that populates ImagesByName as well?

No it will not- not until Pete can do a small re-write. It may pay for you to post over in the mcm forums (if someone hasn't already)

crashkelly

I am an MCM user as well, great software and I am not knocking it at all, but I have moved to letting MB3 do as much as possible for my collections. The only thing I still do in MCM is TV Shows and trailers, the trailers being because I prefer the trailers in mp4 format and MCM will convert them for me on the fly.

Cheers