Flat file structure?

scottfree1

scottfree1

How do I get a flat file structure? It seems this has changed or I changed a setting but mb insists on having select "Movie" then select Movie or Cast & Crew, I don't want cast & crew, it disables next and back from the remote, it forces back/back/select folder/select movie/select play to get to the next movie vs one button "next" to go to next movie..

Edited by scottfree1

scottfree1

Compare to mindlna for example

-Video

-All Video

-Play

-next/previous one remote click..

Mb

-Video

-All Video

-Movie

--Movie

--Cast & Crew

---Movie

To get to the next movie you need to climb back up the tree to all video, then back down to movie to play the next video, something like 6 remote clicks vs if you remove the cast and crew option, that would flatten the file structure then next/previous would work with one click..

well most people like the features you get from that such as trailers, extras, cast & crew. but i suppose at some point it can be made configurable.

scottfree1

I think this is what the "view folders" toggle should do, the cast & crew is a virtual folder, so having appear it in what is purported as the view of your actual folder structure is not what I would consider to be the expected behavior..  

scottfree1

Well, if you delete all of the cast/crew info out of the metadata then the folder is removed. Not the ideal solution, having it in the web interface is nice, but I never use it via the dlna interface, so I don't suppose is their a way to remove this data from 350 movies, one that does not involve thousands of mouse clicks? 

Edited by scottfree1

• 4 weeks later...
scottfree1

/begin rant/ Really annoying, deleted all my metadata and let mb3 recreate it, stupid me assumed that everything unchecked meant it would not download metadata for these items.. Wrong, it still downloads all the cast crew etc. just not their bio's and pics, again my bad for thinking. So it has be been decided you HAVE to have cast & crew no matter what the settings, no matter if you ask to see just your folder structure, why wouldn't someone appreciate it if we insert a figment of our imagination into your folder structure, you can never get enough invisible, imaginary un-deletable folders,  

So in order to make the next button, well a next button, the one click convenience that is default behavior for pretty much every media player ever made, well in my case at least, it would only take somewhere north of 10,000 mouse clicks, now that's convenient.. /end rant/

54c9383bce66b_Capture.jpg

scottfree1

/rant addendum/ Browse library w/descriptions (no cast & crew)

3 clicks - 3 descriptions read

Arrow button

Arrow button

Arrow button

With cast & crew = 9 clicks - 3 descriptions read

Arrow button

Enter (Read Description)
    Back button

Arrow button

Enter (Read Description)
    Back button

Arrow button

Enter (Read Description)
    Back button

Previous nav  

_                                    _                                  _                                    ___

|_________________|  |________________|  |_________________|

Current

_     _    _     _    _    _     _    _     ___    _     _    _    _     _    ___     _     _   _     _    _     _    

|_|  |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|   |_|      |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|      |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|  |_|   |_|  |_|

/end rant addendum/ 

Edited by scottfree1