Phantom Episodes

colchar

colchar

I was hoping to find out if anyone else had the same problem I have started having. Mediabrowser has started showing lots of episodes of shows I don't have. I might have 2 episodes in the first series of a show, it will show I have all shows for 2 or 3 seasons. When you click on it a messages box pops up saying I don't have it in my collection, but my library is being filled with these phantom episodes.

Is anyone else getting this and does anyone know how to solve it?

Scott84Z28

It's a new feature with the latest version of the server (showing unaired and missing episodes).  If you want to disable this (in MB Classic at least), make sure you have the latest version, then when launch MB Classic and go into settings, then in view options, you can remove the two check marks for Show Missing Items and Show Un-Aired Items. 

I'm not sure if there is a way to globally disable this on the server or not.  Maybe someone else can add to this?

• Like 1

ScottIsAFool

I'm not sure if there is a way to globally disable this on the server or not.  Maybe someone else can add to this?

There is, it's in the dashboard. Go to profiles > your user > settings, untick unaired/missing episodes.

johnchimpo

There is, it's in the dashboard. Go to profiles > your user > settings, untick unaired/missing episodes.

I was led to believe that setting only controlled the web client, not the server.

Starkadius

Was about to create a post about this. Noticing the same thing except for the MBweb server it is showing the final/latest season of a few shows that I do not have even with the those settings unchecked and they were never checked. Deleting them does remove them but after a library scan they return.

527397a7c0879_3.jpg

527397d1e00ad_img_00.jpg

527397e49a633_img_01.jpg

Edited by Starkadius

mboehler

The settings in the web browser (dashboard) only affect the web client.

52737e2ee5544_unaired.jpg

To turn it off in MB Classic, you need to make the changes in MB Classic.

527132ddba506_missing.jpg

• Like 1

mboehler

Thanks, MB Classic has them unchecked, the screenshots I provided shows that.

Maybe it is a problem with the Theme you are using?

Starkadius

Maybe it is a problem with the Theme you are using?

My first reply in this topic I have shown the problem occurring from the MBWeb page as well so it does not seem to indicate a problem with the themes for MBC. I have attempted deleting them and restarting the server multiple times but those items appear to be renegades since they simply do not want to stay deleted. I also have never enabled the options to show the unaired/missing items so I don't understand why they were generated in the first place. I would assume it would be an opt-in feature.

mboehler

I need to get better at reading all the details, I guess. :)  Sorry about that.

Yeah, it they are showing up in the web browser even though you unchecked the boxes, then it sounds like there is a problem that Luke will probably have to look at.

Starkadius

I need to get better at reading all the details, I guess. :)  Sorry about that.

Yeah, it they are showing up in the web browser even though you unchecked the boxes, then it sounds like there is a problem that Luke will probably have to look at.

No worries, your help is much appreciated :).

Starkadius

I have narrowed down my current issue. Only shows that I have which are still airing and appearing under the "Upcoming" tab are showing their latest season even with the import options unchecked.

Current shows with upcoming episodes that I have in my collection.

• The Simpsons
  • How I met your mother
  • Adventure Time
  • The Mindy Project
  • Nova
  • American Horror Story
  • Game of Thrones
  • Falling Skies

Steps to reproduce problem:

If anyone has any of these shows or whichever new show is currently airing and NOT the entire seasons can verify if the most recent season is appearing under your collection with the "import" options unchecked? For example I only have season 1 and 2 of The Simpsons but the server is showing season 1, 2 and 25. Thanks.

Edited by Starkadius
  • Like 1

The settings in the web browser (dashboard) only affect the web client.

That is correct.  We will change the text on those options to make that more clear.

mboehler

I have narrowed down my current issue. Only shows that I have which are still airing and appearing under the "Upcoming" tab are showing their latest season even with the import options unchecked.

Current shows with upcoming episodes that I have in my collection.

• The Simpsons
  • How I met your mother
  • Adventure Time
  • The Mindy Project
  • Nova
  • American Horror Story
  • Game of Thrones
  • Falling Skies

Steps to reproduce problem:

If anyone has any of these shows or whichever new show is currently airing and NOT the entire seasons can verify if the most recent season is appearing under your collection with the "import" options unchecked? For example I only have season 1 and 2 of The Simpsons but the server is showing season 1, 2 and 25. Thanks.

I just did a test.  I HAD all of the Adventure Time Seasons complete with all the episodes in my collection.  Here's what I did to test this.

1. Move Seasons 4 and 5 out of the collection, leaving Seasons 1-3 in place.

2. Uncheck both "Import missing episodes into Seasons" and "Import unaired episodes into season" in profile I am using in the Dashboard.

3. Ran the "Scan media library" task in Scheduled Tasks.

4. Browse to the Adventure Time TV Show.

5. It now shows that I have Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5.

6. Entering Season 5 shows no episodes.

5273d1d056e6b_adventuretime.jpg

• Like 1

mboehler

mboehler, thank you for verifying for me. Now we know it isn't just my end.

You're very welcome.

Ok, so it's just a bug that the season folders are displaying when they shouldn't be. It iwill be fixed for the next release.

Thanks, Luke.

Ok, so it's just a bug that the season folders are displaying when they shouldn't be. It iwill be fixed for the next release.

colchar

My mediabrowser classic says its up to date, but I don't have those settings to untick. They are unticked on the server, but the option to untick them in Classic isn't there. I am unsure how to remove them, I have a very large number of episodes showing that aren't there and its smothering any new ones that are there.

colchar

Sorry guys, I was clicking check update and it was saying up to date. But I noticed on the pic that I didn't have the latest version, I have just downloaded it and updated, it had the tick boxes, I have unticked them and life is Grand again, thank you for all the help.

• Like 1

swhitmore

I think it would be worth moving the option in the web dashboard somewhere more obvious too. Can it be under the 'Metadata' section? Or do you want it to be controlled on a per user basis?

I think it would be worth moving the option in the web dashboard somewhere more obvious too. Can it be under the 'Metadata' section? Or do you want it to be controlled on a per user basis?

It is per-user and it is actually only a "show" option (it is labeled incorrectly in the current server but has been renamed for the next one).

Probably makes sense for it to be under "Client Settings" though.