Latest Music over DLNA

steve1977

steve1977

When selecting latest music over DLNA, it displays the latest songs that have been added. I would prefer if this could be the latest albums instead. Would this be possible to change? What do others think?

steve1977

When I access MBS over DLNA, I get a folder with different things to choose from including "artists", "albums", and also "latest". When I select "latest", I get a list of recently added songs, which I don't find too helpful. I would really care to see "recently added albums" instead (or in addition).

ginjaninja

When I access MBS over DLNA, I get a folder with different things to choose from including "artists", "albums", and also "latest". When I select "latest", I get a list of recently added songs, which I don't find too helpful. I would really care to see "recently added albums" instead (or in addition).

What client are you using?

steve1977

Kodi. Also using my Sony Bravia's integrated DLNA client. I believe this one also showed it, but not 100% sure. Kodi is sure.

ginjaninja

I used Bubbleupnp and see the same as Steve

im using bubbleupnp on android....i cant see these ,, can you walk me through how you see them please?

ginjaninja, I simply enable DLNA in the server and then select Media Brower ( or whatever you call your MB3 DLNA library ) from the Bubble Library.  When I do, I see exactly what Steve see's.  Moreover, when I select Latest, I see all the latest songs where I would much rather see latest Albums.  

What is your issue ? Do you see the MB3 library in bubble ? 

ginjaninja

odd.. my tiles are much bigger.

i dont get the text underneath, artists, songs, genres, latest  or favorites..

i just get now playing, playlist, libraary

samsung gs4

steve1977

Yup, mine is the same as "speechles". Only difference is that I just a got a plain list (no posters), but that is only related to my DLNA client and has nothing to do with MBS.

Looks like we have two topics to look into: 1) Any chance to replace / add "lalest albums" to songs", 2) Find out why ginjaninja doesn't see these groupings we do.

steve, if I may add to your list..  3) How to get those pretty posters that Speechless is seeing !!

Edited by Tester

ginjaninja

Ive downloaded 10 upnp browsers...all of them just see a direct representation of the music library filesystem..there are no virtual folders..no artists or album artists..just the file system...which is odd..i wonder wether filesystem us the default presentation of music media folders over dlna.

Ive downloaded 10 upnp browsers...all of them just see a direct representation of the music library filesystem..there are no virtual folders..no artists or album artists..just the file system...which is odd..i wonder wether filesystem us the default presentation of music media folders over dlna.

What I am using:

Media Browser server: Version 3.0.5503.2855 ( development )

BubbleUPnP: Version 2.3

BubbleUPnP License: Yes, paidc70c2577ed2c7a3aea4fe377042622be.jpgCheckmarks on both bookmarks and virtual folders. This is using a 2013 Nexus 7 with android 5.0.2. I am not doing anything special to get those folders and posters to show up.

Edited by speechles

@speechless, I have basically the same set up.. 

What does your music library folder structure look like ?

Also, I assume you select the Media Browser library ?  Cuz you also have Windows Media Streaming on also.

ginjaninja

Thanks for suggestions..the only thing i can thing of is my phone form factor is limiting the options due to screen real estate..

ginjaninja

Fixed it...it would seem that only media folders ticked under user preferences ..my views inherit the special folder functionality...odd thing was that movies got cast and crew with it unticked..now music media ticked under my views i get 'latest' etc. And the other special dlna views f or music..problem is i dont want my separate media folders aggregated and ticked under my views...is this requirement to tick media folders und3r my views to achieve dlna special folders by design or a bug

@@Luke

Edited by ginjaninja
  • Like 1