v0.520 - Music Support

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Hi All,

I've just pushed out v0.520 - Install via the new IP in the Install Instructions thread

• Music playback is back! Don't get me wrong, it needs work still but I've got it to a point the UI is done enough and in keeping with TV / Movies, and the player, well, works - just isn't pretty! There is no playlist display yet. The Music player can be brought up from most screens by pressing the YELLOW key - Sorry i need to make this obvious somehow
  • Misc: Random backdrop on home page added 
  • Fix: Fixed error where the top menu items would go funny when navigating to the tools menu.

Any Music related feedback can I see here please - Other recommendations please post in the features thread 

I've made the player similar to its previous incarnation in that music can be playing in the background while you navigate the rest of the app - Obviously stops on video playback though! Should even play back whilst viewing images. 

Hope you like

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 4

im85288

Cool, I'll give it a blast at some time and post feedback. I haven't forgotten about looking into channels, just got a lot of other things going on...but will get there eventually :)

• Like 1

Had a quick play and it appears to work well.  Much appreciated.  I'll let you know if I find any issues. ;)

im85288

Also had a quick play this morning, there's some really nice stuff going on there.

Things I noticed so far:

1. It displays the phrase "Episodes" rather than "Tracks" when looking at the description

2. The indicator on the cover displays the number of unplayed tracks rather than the total number of tracks.

3. The backgrounds are not associated with music, for example playing an album from an artist I see a background from a movie

That's about it so far, very nice stuff :)

CBers

I'll get round to installing it later today and report back.

Does remote play from the MBS web client to the Samsung app work yet?

chessdragon136

Also had a quick play this morning, there's some really nice stuff going on there.

Things I noticed so far:

1. It displays the phrase "Episodes" rather than "Tracks" when looking at the description

2. The indicator on the cover displays the number of unplayed tracks rather than the total number of tracks.

3. The backgrounds are not associated with music, for example playing an album from an artist I see a background from a movie

Ok first 2 are simple enough

Last point - I'm open to suggestions as to what to display - I really don't know what metadata people have for music and what is appropriate as a landscape backdrop.

im85288

If possible I would like to see the backgrounds of the album when it's being played/has the focus. A similar concept to how it is with movies/shows. I can take a look at this area if you like?

chessdragon136

The programming is easy, it is more that I simply have no appreciation for what music metadata there is - When you say Backgrounds of the albums, I don't know what you mean.

im85288

Ah right I understand now.

Music has similar metadata to movies/shows in that there will be a collection of ParentBackgroundImageTags that can be selected similar to how we do it for the movies etc. It also has a discart tag if you want to display the disc.

chessdragon136

Ok - I'm very reluctant to let MB3 automatically alter my metadata for my libraries but i'll find some test images and go from there.

Thanks

CBers

If you don't have Music in MB3, then you need an appropriate message when you press the YELLOW button.

chessdragon136

If you don't have Music in MB3, then you need an appropriate message when you press the YELLOW button.

If you have no music then pressing Yellow should do nothing - Is that not the case?

CBers

If you have no music then pressing Yellow should do nothing - Is that not the case?

Correct, but I thought a message would've popped up.

I have added and removed Music several times and forgot the last action was remove :)

chessdragon136

Things I noticed so far:

I've just thought - Shouldn't it show unplayed item count? Is what TV showed beforehand... I don't know the other clients well enough to know what they choose to display..

1 Is fixed, will push to Git soon

Mental note to self:

Music playback isn't reported to the server atm

Edited by chessdragon136

im85288

I've just thought - Shouldn't it show unplayed item count? Is what TV showed beforehand... I don't know the other clients well enough to know what they choose to display..

1 Is fixed, will push to Git soon

Mental note to self:

Music playback isn't reported to the server atm

Excellent, I have a fix ready for part 3 with the backgrounds ready to push to Git soon too. Just finished testing it and it seems pretty good.

As for unplayed item count, No for Music other clients just show the total number of tracks in this case...as it looks a bit odd seeing zeros etc flying around and I think the general consensus is that for music played/unplayed is of no real importance.

My changes will be pushed in the next 10 minutes if your planning on doing a build...or I can pull yours in and do one if you like.

chessdragon136

I just pushed mine up although it was like 3 lines of code so can be re-written if needed!

Nice on the background fix, I appreciate that!

Random Q - Playback check-ins - I have a feeling I saw somewhere it was changed although the old way still works, you don't happen to have a link do you?

im85288

We do it this way with the Kodi addon if that helps:

# only report playback if xbmb3c has initiated the playback (item_id has value)
        if item_id != "":
            audioindex = WINDOW.getProperty(currentFile+"AudioStreamIndex")
            subtitleindex = WINDOW.getProperty(currentFile+"SubtitleStreamIndex")
            playMethod = WINDOW.getProperty(currentFile+"playmethod")

url = ("http://%s:%s/mediabrowser/Sessions/Playing/Progress" % (addonSettings.getSetting('ipaddress'), addonSettings.getSetting('port')))  

url = url + "?itemId=" + item_id

url = url + "&canSeek=true"
            url = url + "&PlayMethod=" + playMethod
            url = url + "&QueueableMediaTypes=Video"
            url = url + "&MediaSourceId=" + item_id
            url = url + "&PositionTicks=" + positionTicks   
            if(audioindex != None and audioindex!=""):
              url = url + "&AudioStreamIndex=" + audioindex

if(subtitleindex != None and subtitleindex!=""):
              url = url + "&SubtitleStreamIndex=" + subtitleindex

downloadUtils.downloadUrl(url, postBody="", type="POST")

Or did you mean something different? 

EDIT - Just pushed my changes too..only 4 lines!

Edited by im85288

chessdragon136

That looks rather exactly similar to mine - must just be me or i updated it to be like the above

As for the changes - Just brought them down and run and you've made the same undefined mistake again (sorry)

[JAVASCRIPT ERROR]
  File         : file://localhost/C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\Samsung\Samsung%20TV%20SDK%204\Apps/_temp_20100108_/app/javascript/Gui/GuiDisplay_Series.js
  Line No      : 205
  Error Detail : TypeError: GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].ParentBackdropImageTags is undefined

im85288

That looks rather exactly similar to mine - must just be me or i updated it to be like the above

As for the changes - Just brought them down and run and you've made the same undefined mistake again (sorry)

[JAVASCRIPT ERROR]
  File         : file://localhost/C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\Samsung\Samsung%20TV%20SDK%204\Apps/_temp_20100108_/app/javascript/Gui/GuiDisplay_Series.js
  Line No      : 205
  Error Detail : TypeError: GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].ParentBackdropImageTags is undefined

Oops... Good test :) I'll have a look in about half an hour at how you fixed it last time and get the change committed.

chessdragon136

Nice and simple - Change 

GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].ParentBackdropImageTags.length > 0

To

GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].ParentBackdropImageTags

Basically just check the property exists - if it does it has a valid value so no need to check its length

Edited by chessdragon136

im85288

Great thanks done and checked in...In my slight defence I copy/pasted from the line above which still shows this:

if (GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].BackdropImageTags.length > 0) {
				var imgsrc = Server.getBackgroundImageURL(GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].Id,"Backdrop",960,540,0,false,0,GuiDisplay_Series.ItemData.Items[currentSelectedItem].BackdropImageTags.length);
				document.getElementById("pageBackground").style.backgroundImage="url(" + imgsrc + ")";
			}

So I presume that is also a potential undefined error scenario?

chessdragon136

I want to say no though you are making me doubt myself - I think BackdropImageTags returns an object and ParentBackdropImageTags returns a string or something like that that makes the 2 seperate - It's repeated throughout my Support code (Support.updateDisplayedItems) so would have thought someone would have flagged it as a problem by now :S 

im85288

True, I'll go with your call on this one :)

I know you do not have music backgrounds but here is a (terrible quality) screenshot of how it looks now for me:

sbwx59B.jpg

Strangely enough 95% of my artists/albums are female....

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Never go with my call on anything!

Can you by any chance make a nice graphic background for those of us who have no image? - the solid grey colour is a bit harsh for us poor folk with no backdrops.

And I guess there are worse things to look at

Ps thanks for the image - the bottom left counter is wrong!

Edited by chessdragon136