I'd like to report two issues

somy

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great effort! The plugin looks amazing and it integrates to KODI very well!

I'd like to report two small issues though:

1) If movies are organized by folders, for example, I created a sub-folder for all my concerts in the main media folder, XBM3C will show them as folder instead of display the contents inside the folder:

54b3d2b605728_20150112_144853.jpg

2)  I experience some isos are transcoded, and I suspect it has something to do with the bitrate which is calculated incorrectly by MB. Below is an example, the file is always transcoded no matter what. It would be nice to have an option to enforce direct play for all media.

54b3d329491e8_20150112_145220.jpg

xnappo

@@Luke - we have seen the second issue a few times now.  DVD ISO bitrates are reported incorrectly?\

@@somy - for your first problem, don't do that :)  Does it work differently inside MBT/MBC/Web interface?

Edited by xnappo

@@Luke - we have seen the second issue a few times now.  DVD ISO bitrates are reported incorrectly?\

@@somy - for your first problem, don't do that :)  Does it work differently inside MBT/MBC/Web interface?

Hi, MediaBrowser web client always show all movies in a flat structure, so no folders there and that is why I'm suggesting this change to make the two clients look the same :-)

xnappo

Okay - that probably means there is a way to change our query to not show folders.  So @@Luke - please let me know that one too when you answer the bitrate question.

Thanks,

xnappo

Okay - that probably means there is a way to change our query to not show folders.  So @@Luke - please let me know that one too when you answer the bitrate question.

Thanks,

xnappo

Hi xnappo,

The item "All movies" shows all the movies in flat structure, and I think the query can be used for default "Movies" query. And then "All movies" should probably be replaced by "Movies by folders"?

Media info and streaming for I so is expiremental. For these you should just always direct play if possible

@Luke - Thanks for the info!

@@xnappo - Can we consider to add an option in conf to force direct play? I cannot image any 1080P bu-ray use more than 1000Mbps bandwidth anyways, so why should direct play/transcoding depend on it?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I will fix this. We need a server ticket too though.

Hi xnapoo, in relation to blu-ray playback, XBMB3C doesn't seem to give the below options even though it is configured in KODI to show simple menu for blu-ray discs. It would be nice to add the menu because if the blu-ray comes with BD-J menu which is not supported, there is basically no way to play it using XBMB3C plugin (it shows "Playback of bluray failed" error msg in KODI).

54bff15691975_20150121_193303.jpg

dark_slayer

Hi, MediaBrowser web client always show all movies in a flat structure, so no folders there and that is why I'm suggesting this change to make the two clients look the same :-)

It might be more straightforward and compatible if you were to remove the concerts folder, but add each of those 8 files to a collection on your server named "concerts"

I think this would look the same in android and roku as it does in kodi. If you had them flattened in your media folder, but you created a collection named concerts and added each to that from your server metadata manager then it would end up with the desired result you want I think

• Like 1

It might be more straightforward and compatible if you were to remove the concerts folder, but add each of those 8 files to a collection on your server named "concerts"

I think this would look the same in android and roku as it does in kodi. If you had them flattened in your media folder, but you created a collection named concerts and added each to that from your server metadata manager then it would end up with the desired result you want I think

Hi, thanks for the advice!