Need help and Advice from: SilverStone, LC16-M, iMon, Logitech Harmony users and owners

mhariush

mhariush

I am setting up my HTPC and I am using the SilverStone LC16-M Case with the Display and I would like to use my Logitech Harmony remote but I am having issues...

Is anyone using their Logitech Harmony remote successfully with iMon / Soungraph? The remote is not recognized. I have synced the remote with the Soundgraph iMon 'device' with the Harmony software.

Does anyone else use the LC16-M case? Is it possible to get the display to show timecode when playing files in MBT?

BATTLE DONKEY

I have an Antec Fusion Black case and when I bought it and installed the software and drivers a few years ago the IR sensor never worked well with my harmony remote. Some buttons didn't work, some did opposite what they should. I checked off and on for awhile on their forums but support was very limited to non existent at the time so I gave up and finally just unplugged the screen and IR sensor (why they didn't include separate on/off toggles in the imon software is beyond me). I haven't been on their forums/software site in ages tho, but I doubt much has changed when it comes to support for their products.

If I'm wrong let me know and maybe it will be worth looking into getting it all hooked up again

aspdend

I use a Silverstone Grandia 1 case for my htpc and my main remote is a harmony 555. I programmed my Harmony with the functions i want and in imon software, tell it it is a MCE remote and all works ine for me - the LCD display shows what I am watching (which is what I want it to do)

mhariush

I use a Silverstone Grandia 1 case for my htpc and my main remote is a harmony 555. I programmed my Harmony with the functions i want and in imon software, tell it it is a MCE remote and all works ine for me - the LCD display shows what I am watching (which is what I want it to do)

Aspdend, and you're using Media Browser Theater? What are your settings on iMon? I have a Harmony 600 and it's not working. But I will try again then. Your display shows the title of the media playing? I would really like to be able to display time code... 

Is there a way to NOT have that round floating iMon overlay? Or I have to hide it down in a corner?

Harblar

Do yourself a favor and forget about the Imon. It's nothing but a headache. It works fine with it's own remote, but is near impossible to get working right with anything else.

Spend an extra $15-20 and get a Windows MCE remote. Something like this Rosewill MCE remote.  All you need is the IR Dongle and a free USB port. In the harmony software just add the Manufacturer: Microsoft and the Device as Windows Media Center.  It might ask for an actual model number, but you can just confirm it and it should work anyway. (or at least it does on mine) ;-)  If you really want/or need some added functionality add the Device called Microsoft MCE Keyboard. Now you can program your own windows shortcuts and activate them with your remote and a single button press! (pretty neat if you have a need for it)

I'm controlling mine with a Harmony Ultimate and it's been bullet proof!

The only thing the imon will do that the above solution won't, is power on the HTPC from a completely powered off state. The imon can do this because it is constantly powered and wired into the physical power switch.  If you aboslutely need this feature, Add the imon device and just use the power function for starting that activity.

There is some way to get rid of the overlay, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is... It's been years since I've messed with it and even then I was using a program called Girder to get the imon reciever to recognize codes from other remotes (since the imon's remote codes are near impossible for any universal remote to learn). Anyway, long story short, I only used imons actual software very briefly, and that was just shy of a decade ago. (though, it doesn't sound like a whole lot has changed.)

I never had one with the LCD, but my guess is the imon software has a settings menu somewhere that lets you control what is displayed. (same thing with the overlay. I'm sure there is a setting in there somewhere to hide that.)

Anyway, I hope that helps you out somewhat. It seems kind of crazy to have to use an external ir reciever on a fancy case that has one built into the front panel, but I guarantee you'll thank yourself in the long run if you do.  Good luck.

aspdend

Aspdend, and you're using Media Browser Theater? What are your settings on iMon? I have a Harmony 600 and it's not working. But I will try again then. Your display shows the title of the media playing? I would really like to be able to display time code... 

Is there a way to NOT have that round floating iMon overlay? Or I have to hide it down in a corner?

I generally use MBC as the WAF is high enough - will be using MBT more when there are themes etc available.

But in MBT the LCD displays the same as it is set in the imon software. You can disable the big round horror imon overlay using the imon manager software - i must admit I cannot remember where to do this as I set mine up a couple of years ago - I know it is in there somewhere, along with the settings for the 'frontview' (or LCD Display). Mine displays a clock when off, the TV Channel and programme details when on the TV and the Filename of the programme I am watching though Mediabrowser

WarrenH

Been using iMon for 4 years without any issue and a Philips non-standard MCE remote. Best bet with any alternate learning remote, is the learn the MediaCentre functions of a standard Windows remote onto your Logitech/other remote, you'll have no issues thereafter.

Alternatively, if you use a standard USB or other IR, there shouldn't be any need for any software as Windows will handle IR controls.

Edited by WarrenH