Trailers plugin only grabs a few trailers.

lightsout

lightsout

I noticed a trailer for the movie Fury popped up. I enabled downloading of trailers in the plugin settings. I have about 400 movies and the trailers download in about two minutes. Obviously it's not getting many. Maybe 10% at most. Anything else I can do. I have not selected the box to add 1500 trailers to my movies. Should I?

DingDong

I have the opposite problem...it just keeps downloading trailers... I have about five hundred movies, and most have trailer files in .mov format. The metadata manager doesn't seem to recognize the trailers in .mov format and the trailer plugin keeps downloading .mp4 files. I now have multiple trailer files in my library. The trailer plugin just doesn't seem to work well.  

Happy2Play

I noticed a trailer for the movie Fury popped up. I enabled downloading of trailers in the plugin settings. I have about 400 movies and the trailers download in about two minutes. Obviously it's not getting many. Maybe 10% at most. Anything else I can do. I have not selected the box to add 1500 trailers to my movies. Should I?

I believe there is a daily download limit. 

I have the opposite problem...it just keeps downloading trailers... I have about five hundred movies, and most have trailer files in .mov format. The metadata manager doesn't seem to recognize the trailers in .mov format and the trailer plugin keeps downloading .mp4 files. I now have multiple trailer files in my library. The trailer plugin just doesn't seem to work well.  

Can you provide an example?  All my trailers are -trailer.ext in movie folder and haven't see any duplication, yet.

DingDong

I believe there is a daily download limit. 

Can you provide an example?  All my trailers are -trailer.ext in movie folder and haven't see any duplication, yet.

Sure...

Dawn of the planet of the apes...downloaded again last night. The original trailer...Dawn of the planet of the apes-trailer.mov was downloaded on Jan. 2 2015, it is a 187 MB file. this new download...Dawn of the planet of the apes-trailer.mp4 is a  36 MB file.

I have multiple examples in my library...Draft Day...Now You See Me...Oblivion...etc. All had -trailer.mov files in them, which again are not recognized by the metadata manager, but once the trailer plugin downloaded the file...it is indicated in the metadata manager as a local trailer. I only picked up on this because I went over my download cap big time as a result of the constant downloading.

• 2 months later...