Presentation of the films on TV

traderman

traderman

Hello everyone,
I would love to choose the movie to watch on my TV SONY like the photo I posted, and I've taken from "LIVING ROOM APPS"; In fact, at present, movies on my TV are displayed as a list of empty frames without any details.
How can I do?
Should I download MediaBrowser server, and then download MB Theater? What should I set up? Can you help me?

Grazie.

211jofl.png

Edited by traderman

AdrianW

Yes - you need Media Browser Server (MBS).

But the client you use depends on what hardware you have (or are willing to buy).

Media Browser Theater (MBT) is a Windows client - so you need a PC connected to your TV.

Media Browser Classic (MBC) is also a Windows client (need a PC again) but you also need Microsoft Media Center on that PC.

There are other options - like Roku and Chromecast.

I'm sure someone else will be along to help you get set up.

traderman

From your kind explanation, I understand that I can choose both options although I prefer MBT.
For configuration hope in the help of someone (I have not found any guide on MBT in the forum)

Edited by traderman

AdrianW

There's not a whole lot of configuration required for MBT. Just about all configuration is done via a web browser within MBS.

Install MBS and follow the prompts. Get MBS working to your satisfaction and then install MBT and it should just work.

But, MBT is still really just alpha software - there's lots of missing features still, but it is great for playback and doesn't require Media Center. But, if you do have Media Center I'd suggest at least trying MBC. You can use as many different clients as you like and MBC and MBT (and even MBS) will happily co-exists on the same PC.

traderman

when you say "you need a PC connected to the TV", what do you mean?
Right now my pc is connected to my TV in two ways:
DLNA

or
WI-FI direct

But in none of the two ways I can see the film as hoped in my first post of this thread ...

Can you give me some further indication please?

Edited by traderman

AdrianW

MBT and MBC both require your PC to be physically connected to your TV via an HDMI cable. i.e. Use the TV as your PC's monitor. I have an Intel NUC located under my TV.

Other than that, you could use a Roku - but I've no idea what that interface looks like, but apparently it's pretty good.

Another alternative: With a tablet or largish smart phone, you could browse your collection using the MBS web page and set the playback device as your TV. Then when you hit play on your tablet, the video will play on your TV.

traderman

ok, now it is clear.
No physical connection (HDMI prefer the former case) my request is impossible: shame not to have the same opportunity via WI-FI or DLNA ..
Thank you so much

AdrianW

Try MBT (and MBC if you have Media Center) on your main PC to see how it looks. 

If you like either of them, then you might decide to purchase a tiny PC to place near your TV.

traderman

Try MBT (and MBC if you have Media Center) on your main PC to see how it looks. 

Done!...but it is not as hoped in my first post of this thread... :(

as I said, it comes out a simple list of white frame (which correspond to the movies that I've uploaded); nothing else ... Ugly! :angry: 

AdrianW

Done!...but it is not as hoped in my first post of this thread... :(

as I said, it comes out a simple list of white frame (which correspond to the movies that I've uploaded); nothing else ... Ugly! :angry:

Have you run a full scan within MBS?

Also make sure your library is setup according to this guide: Movie naming and if you have TV episodes follow this guide: TV naming

traderman

Have you run a full scan within MBS?

Also make sure your library is setup according to this guide: Movie naming and if you have TV episodes follow this guide: TV naming

strangely update tells me completed but  it is only 60.2%....

i didn't see the movie naming guide..

AdrianW

If you're seeing "completed" at the bottom of the Library screen - then that means the previous run completed. If you look on the main server page you should see "Running Tasks" with the current percentage.

When it is complete - check what your library looks like in the web UI. Hover over the menu button at the very top left (three bars to the left of "Media Browser") - click on "Home" and then you can browse around in your collection. Hopefully everything looks OK. If not, then post a screenshot - that may help us figure out what's wrong.

Also see this post: How to Report a Problem

BATTLE DONKEY

Media Browser does support dlna to ur TV if u have a smart TV, but I don't know if shows any of the artwork ur looking for.

If u have a Samsung smart TV there is a media browser app for Samsung TVs available to download and test out, have a look for it here on the forums and how to install it.

If ur TV is not a Samsung I'm sure sooner or later there will be apps for other makes of TVs including the android app if ur TV makes use of the google play store

traderman

If ur TV is not a Samsung I'm sure sooner or later there will be apps for other makes of TVs including the android app if ur TV makes use of the google play store

I have a TV SONY Bravia 2014 edition ( KDL705B)