Playback is not smooth with some videos.

BIGGRIMTIM

BIGGRIMTIM

Hello, I have been running mediabrowser since the start and I am now running the latest stable release of the server and classic.  I have an issue where some videos do not seem smooth when playing.  They do not freeze they just look wrong.  They were fine previously with mediabrowser 2.  I have tried re-encoding a few of the files to see if that would fix the issue but it did not.  Any help is appreciated.

BIGGRIMTIM
ebr, on 20 Jan 2015 - 3:50 PM, said:

Look at the "Important" note in the Library Paths section of this document and be sure you have done that.

I am pretty sure I have that setup correctly.  here is what I have.

54befa5f2242a_LibraryPath.jpg

If the items are direct-playing, then any playback issues would be related to either codecs or the content itself.

You can confirm if they are direct playing by playing something and then hovering over the tile on the Server Dashboard.  It will tell you if it is transcoding or not.

BIGGRIMTIM

I think it is a codec issue.  All my files play fine in VLC.  I prefer to use the media center interface and like the custom mediabrowser interface.  I do not want to use VLC as an external player.  The only codec I have installed is Haali Media Splitter for .MKV playback, which I have used forever without issue.

BIGGRIMTIM

As far as I know Haali is only decoding my .Mkv files. All of those are playing fine. I am having issues with some .avi and .mp4 files.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have similar setup as yourself.  standard codecs that comes with Microsoft are not complete or the best.. I suggest you look at installing another codec, but ensure you un-install any codec you have installed already.

I use Shark007 (and have been for many years), and never had a problem playing any format... try that...

BIGGRIMTIM

Thank you for the help. I installed the Shark007 codec pack and so for things seem better. I didnt appreciate the sponsor software that it also tried to install. Not a big deal just chose to skip it on install.

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk