Folder.jpg not downloading

LoonaC
Go to solution Solved by LoonaC,

I registered the CoverArt plugin today, and it stopped getting the new cover art for my new movies.  It still downloads backdrops and other data, but not the cover of the movie in the folder.jpg file.  I have restarted numerous times, have firewall off, uninstalled and reinstalled CoverArt, and it still will not work.  It worked fine until I registered the Plugin.  Any ideas?

I had 4.0.2.1 and tried the Beta 4.0.3.3 and neither one works now.

Edited by ebr

CWNashvegas

CoverArt doesn't download the art, the server does that. CoverArt applies the various treatments to the art after it's downloaded.

So, it sounds like you're actually having an issue with metadata downloads, correct? Is the issue that the folder.jpg is not being downloaded at all?

Can you please look at this post, and then provide the server log files as described?

• Like 1

The folder.jpg file does not download at all, anymore.  It will download backdrops, banners, logos, etc, but not the folder.jpg cover art.  It also creates the movie.xml meta data file.  I thought it was cover art that did it, because the only change I made was registering it.  Thanks for your help.

server-63518990929.log

server-63518990718.log

server-63518990141.log

server-63518988998.log

server-63518988533.log

server-63518987732.log

I've been digging through some of the folders (Movies) I added recently.  It seems that some of the folder.jpg files did download, but only a few.  It also appears that it will download 1 backdrop for some of these and only a few downloaded 3 backdrops, which is the setting I have.  Now I have a few I just added and it will not even add the movie.xml file or any of the images.  I restarted MB server, and ran the Scan Media Library task numerous times, and it completes, but no meta data for some of these will download.

server-63518994103.log

server-63518990929.log

unhandled_5e6a1252-8e57-4938-a3f5-01fa399ca0c4.txt

CWNashvegas

I've requested that a mod move your thread to the Server support area, and change the title so that we can get some more eyes on your problem. Someone should get to that soon.

I'm not an expert when it comes to reading logs when it comes to images, but other people are. Hang in there, we'll get you sorted. :)

• Like 1

Can anyone verify if any of the missing folder.jpg files are actually available in fanart.tv. I think the server is only downloading from fanart.tv and not from tmdb. This appears to be the case with my missing folder.jpg files as well as limited backdrop downloads in some cases when more were available from tmdb.

it's downloading from both, but it's currently being picky and only downloading posters from tmdb that are at least 1000px wide, and backdrops that are 1080p. this will be fixed in next weekend's release.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I have updated to the new version and tested the downloads.  Everything is working again.  Update!!!