Metadata Music Videos

rthomas

rthomas

I don't know if this topic has been covered yet so I give it a try. I.m.o. it doesn't make sense to use metadata from theMovieDB for music videos. It doesn't give any results for metadata and cover and background images. This is normal because the MovieDB doesn't supply data for musicvideos. I think this should be changed to the AudioDB or Musicbrainz. At the moment the only image you get is a screencapture and you have to put in all the metadata manually.

54c22130d0022_metadata_musicvideos.jpg

• Like 2

steve1977

I have a slightly differentiated view. I believe there are two different musicvideos:

Concerts - that's what I am currently using "musicvideos" in MBS for and it works very well using TMDB.

Musicclips - I agree that it is "useless" to look at TMDB. In my views, there should be no differentiation between musicclips and regular audio tracks. Some CDs or DVDs include both musicclips and songs. This is how the music section used to work. Musicclips can have "tags" (same as MP3) to use the metadata from or scrape from MBZ (same as MP3s). Would be great if this could be done again this way.

Other thoughts?

• Like 1

rthomas

I have a slightly differentiated view. I believe there are two different musicvideos:

Concerts - that's what I am currently using "musicvideos" in MBS for and it works very well using TMDB.

Musicclips - I agree that it is "useless" to look at TMDB. In my views, there should be no differentiation between musicclips and regular audio tracks. Some CDs or DVDs include both musicclips and songs. This is how the music section used to work. Musicclips can have "tags" (same as MP3) to use the metadata from or scrape from MBZ (same as MP3s). Would be great if this could be done again this way.

Other thoughts?

@@steve1977, you are right about the concerts. I have to rectify my assumption that tmdb doesn't have the data for music concerts. I visit their website and tmdb does have this data avalilable. It is curious why MB3 doens't import the metadata and images. My folders are named with the band and the title of the album and the files in it are named just with the title of the album. What criteria does MB3 use to query the metadata? Is it the name field in the metadataeditor, the name of the file or the name of the folder?

Only If I do a search on tmdb for the id and put it in the metadatafield "tmdb id" manually and save it the cover and background pictures are available.Steve can you tell me how your directory structure is and do you have to put in the id manually to get results?

ginjaninja

If I had any clue whatsoever how to do it, I would work on a music video metadata plugin right now. :)

And I would use the API on http://imvdb.com/ :D

Would be great if mb3 could derive artist and title from filename using a naming convention eg artist-title.ext

In the first instance

Or artist as parent folder and title.ext as filename

I have concerts as a separate folder in "Movies". Music videos I use for song clips. I have several thousand videos, manually editing them is not nearly a choice.

Edited by Cactus

steve1977

@@steve1977, you are right about the concerts. I have to rectify my assumption that tmdb doesn't have the data for music concerts. I visit their website and tmdb does have this data avalilable. It is curious why MB3 doens't import the metadata and images. My folders are named with the band and the title of the album and the files in it are named just with the title of the album. What criteria does MB3 use to query the metadata? Is it the name field in the metadataeditor, the name of the file or the name of the folder?

Only If I do a search on tmdb for the id and put it in the metadatafield "tmdb id" manually and save it the cover and background pictures are available.Steve can you tell me how your directory structure is and do you have to put in the id manually to get results?

The solution for "concerts" is straight forward and easy. Once you name the folders/files properly, they will be easily scraped by MBS. See one example below how I name my concerts:

\Lady Gaga - Presents the Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden (2011) [1080p bluray]\

\Lady Gaga - Presents the Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden (2011) [1080p bluray]\Lady Gaga - Presents the Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden (2011).mkv

This works well.

Question is how musicclips should be treated. At a minimum, I would hope that tagged musicclips can be part of "music". Today many musiclabums also include musicclips. So, I am hoping for this feature and have a feature request open.

On-top, there is the question what to do with random muscclips, for which I don't have a perspective.

• 3 years later...