Poster/Artwork cached on client

tenletters10

tenletters10

I wasn't able to find a thread on this one so I posted a new one. If somebody has already posted on this let me know. 

I wanted to know if there is already an option that I am missing or, if there is no options, thoughts on adding the option to allow the poster/artwork to be cached on the client. The reason I ask is because when I am in my library scrolling across I have to wait about 1/2 a second before the poster/artwork loads to identify what I am looking at. This is mainly noticeable when I am scrolling across my movies and I have to keep stopping because I am looking for a specific movie, but I can't tell where I am at until I stop, wait for it to pull the content and then I can tell where I am.

Note: I am using the "Movie" layout in the application. 

I know doing this consumes a decent amount of storage, but for myself this device I am using is solely for this purpose so in the end if I caches a few GBs of data on the client I am perfectly fine with that. I know that would also add the element of how does the application run when loading x number of posters etc and would might require a handling method for how much artwork it is loading as you scroll through the menu. 

Thanks for any input on this. Really great client. 

• Like 2

Macburp

+1 for this. It is a bit annoying that the artwork is pulled from the server each time. I can understand it downloading each time you load the client, but the way things are implemented right now seems a bit odd.

I think the same thing happens using the web client

tenletters10

Good to know I wasn't over looking an option available to me already. 

Wish I knew more on the programming side on tech stuff as this seems like a really great project to develop. Really good with scripting, but never branched into the dev world.