Can't Enter External ID (IMDB)

sbdman

When creating a directory in my movies directory, if I rip the main movie and some extras like previews, deleted scenes, extras...

Nothing gets added to the metadata. And, using the metadata manager, I can't enter an external ID from IMDB.

The External ID entry has no down arrow to allow entry? Enclosed is a screenshot.

For the example movie here, the IMDB code is tt0482629, but how do I enter if no entry box is available?

post-22319-0-95460200-1422103541_thumb.jpg

For most movies, the metadata, fan art and posters are automatically downloaded by MB. Occasionally, nothing is found, so I try to coax it with one of these IDs, but as you can see in the picture I uploaded, there's no way to open up that area to enter a db tag. Refresh doesn't seem to find anything.

The path is;

G:\New BD's\The Ultimate Life (2013)

Just noticed it is now populated. I was playing with the .nfo file in the folder, and for experimentation put this tag in;

<imdbid>tt1778924</imdbid>

I refreshed after saving, but no difference, but now after an hour, it's populated. Still would have been much easier to use the Media Library link if it displayed a place to put the id in like I've done with other movies in this folder. Sometimes the External ID's have an opening to put the data in, other times this area is not open.

54c42f7ccf744_mb.jpg

I'm still not understanding the process if Mediabrowser does not find data for a new film, how does one correct the problem? Does no one else experience this?

If the Metadata Manager fields are not available to enter, do you just live with blank picture and the movie name with no movie info? Again, I go back to my first post picture.

Where can I change anything to find the data I finally hacked to get? The External ID's area has no place to enter an ID?

54c4f729bddfa_metadata.jpg

I don't know how you want the question answered. I don't see where the guidelines are ? The only file I put into that directory originally was what came from DvdFab to create the movie.

"THE_ULTIMATE_LIFE.Title130.mkv"

The folder name is "The Ultimate Live (2014)"

It's in my library name "New BD's" where you can see in the pictures, I have other populated data movies which says I must be doing something right? I have over 500 movies in other folders with data. This happens maybe 5-10% of the time.

click the help button in the library setup area. what's going on here is that MBS is not identifying that folder as a movie. notice the arrow to expand the tree. there must be a subfolder or something underneath that's causing this.

Now I understand what you mean by "underneath". There were 3 other titles I placed in the same directory. They were previews on the same BD I ripped.

Like THE_ULTIMATE_LIFE.Title130.mkv mentioned, there was THE_ULTIMATE_LIFE.Title146.mkv, THE_ULTIMATE_LIFE.Title150.mkv andTHE_ULTIMATE_LIFE. Title170.mkv. This was mentioned in my first post.

I see where in the setup desicription, you can have cd1 and cd2 in the same folder. Maybe Title confuses MB? This is how DvdFab names things. Thanks for the help.

i don't think it's getting confused by anything. there's three videos in the folder so that's what it's treating it as, not a movie, but a folder with three videos.

So, is the solution to only put one "video" into the movie folder, wait for MB to find the data, then add the other videos?

The whole point is, when I had the 4 files in the new folder, it did not know what metadata to enter, and there was no way to use the manager to enter an Extenral ID.

No because the same end result would occur. I would suggest using the remaining three as extras which is covered in the movie naming guide

• Like 1