Question regarding sorting media like this... and its effect on metadata?

chef

Because the DNLA option (streaming to Xbox One) will play a TV Season from the beginning  (no matter which episode I select),  would it be possible to place each episode in a season folder into it's own Episode folder?

Example:

Archer (2009)(folder)

-> Season 1(folder)

-> Episode 1 (folder)

-> Archer-S01E01.mkv

This would allow me start a particular episode, through DNLA, without having to skip through each episode and wait for the stream (this takes a while),

but how would this affect the rest of my clients? 

Also, how would this affect the metadata fetching from the server?

Thanks again for you time devs

Ben

that's probably not going to work out very well.

I think really we need to just investigate why this is happening with XB1. From what I gather, it doesn't happen when video is direct streamed, only when transcoded. 

Okay,

If we look at this list of codecs that the Xbox One will understand, it says that .MKV files are to be supported "late 2014". I would expect that the date has past. The Site itself hasn't been updated.

Site: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/media-player-faq#9ffe76858d864183938c913f44c7dca0

@@Luke Is it possible that by not adding "DTS" audio to the profile list of accepted codec (under MKV) the server would transcode the file?

Or because. DTS isn't in a list of audio codec the Xbox One understands, the Server would transcode?

Thank you again,

Ben

Edited by chef

Adding specific codec isn't changing anything I will continue to dig deeper.

I'll read through the server logs