Subtitles out of sync for all videos

strager

strager

Hello,

So I just downloaded an anime series with built-in subtitles (the files themselves are h.264 mkvs). When I play the files in VLC or on any of my WD TV's or just about anything else the subtitles show up correctly and are synced up perfectly - the same thing when I play it in the web browser in the app. However, when I play on my TV using my Chromecast they are completely out of sync with the subtitles running almost 3 seconds ahead of the video consistently.  I've tried "sending" the stream to the player both using the iPhone app (it gets ZERO subtitles despite my account preferences this way) and using the web browser to stream it. 

What can I do to either A.) adjust the sync timing so that it matches the audio, or B.) adjust the files so that they are intentionally out of sync for Mediabrowser so they show up correctly when watching. -- I'd highly prefer option A.

strager

I'm the only one this is happening to? I've 100% verified it's not the files, it's not the chromecast (sending to it with another app works), and its not the connection..... the only thing left in the equation is the MediaBrowser software.....