ios app majorly outdated?

strager

strager

Hi guys,

It's been a LONG time since I've seen an update for the iOS app, and I'm wondering if it's still being maintained? It seems to be REALLY buggy compared to the web UI - videos will randomly stop, resume doesn't work at all, no subtitles are sent with videos, and lots of other small issues. Are there any plans to address any of these? 

mediacowboy

What is the status of ios? Is there a new developer working on it? Is it getting reworked? I use this client everyday and would love to see it be brought up to date and the same client on both phones and tablets.

Cheesegeezer

and for people who have paid for the app, what is going to happen.

Thanks.

That's something to take up with the author, it's nothing that MB Admin can deal with unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
thostr

an update is in progress

Still no ETA?

I have done some internal testing on Android/Windows 8 App, and love MB3 over Plex. But since most of my family run IOS, I cant fully migrate server before the IOS app gets up to date.

Keep up the great work though :)

im85288

Still no ETA?

I have done some internal testing on Android/Windows 8 App, and love MB3 over Plex. But since most of my family run IOS, I cant fully migrate server before the IOS app gets up to date.

Keep up the great work though :)

Have you tried the web client (ie via Safari)? I think you will be quite surprised at how well it actually works on iOS devices. My family all use the web client and are more than happy with it on touch devices.

• Like 1

Have you tried the web client (ie via Safari)? I think you will be quite surprised at how well it actually works on iOS devices. My family all use the web client and are more than happy with it on touch devices.

It stops working with MB connect unfortunately, see my post: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18611-issue-with-mb-connect-on-ios-devices/

mediacowboy

Can we get a teaser or something? I feel that this ecosystem is majorly outdated and neglected. While we see all the other ecosystems thriving. Before any says you safari I do use it on my iPad's and iPhone's but I would also love an iOS update. That matches what the other ecosystems have. I am not bad mouthing the Team, your work and time is greatly appreciated. As I do use the Roku and am hoping to use the Fire Stick.

• Like 1

MSattler

It stops working with MB connect unfortunately, see my post: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18611-issue-with-mb-connect-on-ios-devices/

While MBConnect is a nice feature you don't need it to connect directly to your environment.  Setup Dynamic DNS, and just access your environment from anywhere at http://somename.no-ip.org:8096/

That's what I currently do.  In fact I quit using MBConnect even for my kids when they are remote, I just setup the FireTV sticks to use the dynamic dns entry.

• 3 weeks later...

While MBConnect is a nice feature you don't need it to connect directly to your environment. Setup Dynamic DNS, and just access your environment from anywhere at http://somename.no-ip.org:8096/

That's what I currently do. In fact I quit using MBConnect even for my kids when they are remote, I just setup the FireTV sticks to use the dynamic dns entry.

Agreed. While I appreciate the effort by the devs to make remote access easy ddns is very handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wally007

While web apps are okay for quick access to videos at friends house - it is not something that masses/family will use as daily consumption app. 

Apple realized it first year they tried to introduce web apps before real app store release.

I've been visiting MB3 forums for months/years mainly due to progress of Live TV integration but lack of any iOS development always turns me away. 

What good is if you have best server software when client is not there.

Please create something for us, Plex deserters :-)

Edited by wally007