Channel and encrypted stream

hamstercat

hamstercat

I'm rewriting the Tou.tv channel I made to use their latest API, and it's mostly almost maybe somewhat working. However, they changed the streams and in their new API, the video is encrypted with AES-128.

I can access the key needed to decrypt it through their API, but I'm now sure where I'm supposed to plug it in the ChannelMediaInfo. Is this supported?

• Like 2

hamstercat

After much research, I'm giving up finally XD

For the time being I'll keep their old streaming service, I had another unrelated problem that prevents me from using those secured streams finally. I'm writing my findings here for myself when I decide to re-tackle the issue in the future:

-The new API returns streams encoded using HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)

-They are encrypted, but the key is available

-ffplay supports playing these .m3u8 files natively and (I think) handles the crypto key, but couldn't get it to work (probably missing an HTTP header or cookie)

-Still need to support authentication before I can continue

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
KarlDag

well i could add it but can you find out what i need to do with it?

I'm rewriting the Tou.tv channel I made to use their latest API, and it's mostly almost maybe somewhat working. However, they changed the streams and in their new API, the video is encrypted with AES-128.

I can access the key needed to decrypt it through their API, but I'm now sure where I'm supposed to plug it in the ChannelMediaInfo. Is this supported?

Just started streaming using this add-on and it's impossible to pause the stream. The add-on in Plex for this streaming service allows pausing. Is this something that could get fixed? Not sure if it's a server or a plugin issue.

I'm using emby for AndroidTV for playback. Server is up-to-date on a Windows pc.

Just started streaming using this add-on and it's impossible to pause the stream. The add-on in Plex for this streaming service allows pausing. Is this something that could get fixed? Not sure if it's a server or a plugin issue.

I'm using emby for AndroidTV for playback. Server is up-to-date on a Windows pc.

Try the latest beta of that app.

KarlDag

Try the latest beta of that app.

Wow, thanks! Was that fixed because of my post? That level of support + the recent Plex mess and I sign up as soon as I have the disposable income! Sucks I missed the recent lifetime sale

Edited by KarlDag