PC specs

Volta10

Can someone recommend the type of CPU processor, RAM, and MOBO that can stream up to 6 simultaneous Live HD channels?  My current build: i5 @3.40GHz w/ 16bg cannot handle more than 2 feeds.  

Edited by Volta10

Maybe you should switch from transcoding on the server side to transcoding on the client side?

A i5 with 3,4 GHz is realy fast and I don't think that you will get a much better performance with an i7 or Xeon CPU.

I'm having and old AMD A6 CPU in my TV-Server and using it with 3 to 4 XBMC clients simultaneously without any problems.

Could you elaborate how to transcode on the client side?  Is your setup described above transcode from the client side?  I want to view tv over the internet.

Ah, ok sorry, my setup won't work when you try to stream over the internet.

I have 6 XBMC/Kodi Clients in my Network (The 4 from my signature + 2 Android Phones). And these clients do transcoding on their own, with the installed Kodi Plugins for the corresponding PVR-Backends.

But when you do streaming over the internet your server has to do for shure the transcoding stuff.

You can try it with a i7 or Xeon CPU, maybe you will benefit from more cores, but i don't think it will help much.

Maybe someone other around here do also simultaneous streaming over the internet and can post his setup?  :P  ;)