Can't play mediabrowser content

reluctantflux

reluctantflux

I can't play Mediabrowser content on Kodi installed on Windows 8.1.  I've attached the kodi.log file.  Files play fine through webclient or MBT.

You can search for " Opening: /movies/Drop, The (2014)/The Drop (2014).mkv" to see what I was trying to play.

Kodi 14.0 Git: 20141223-ad747d9

Windows 8.1

Titan Mediabrowser skin 3.2.30

Mediabrowser Version 3.0.5498.12299

Any help is greatly appreciated.

kodi.log

xnappo

Can you explain how your network is set up (where you media is stored)?  That path looks very strange - you probably need to use path substitution somehow.  It should have been something like 'smb://movies...' or '\\machine\movies'.

What version of the addon are you using?

xnappo

Angelblue05

He seems to be using 0.9.770. I see that the plex add-on is enabled. Could it be conflicting with the Mediabrowser add-on?

reluctantflux

Can you explain how your network is set up (where you media is stored)?  That path looks very strange - you probably need to use path substitution somehow.  It should have been something like 'smb://movies...' or '\\machine\movies'.

What version of the addon are you using?

xnappo

I'm using 1.0.2

My whole system is on my Unraid 6beta12 box.  The files are located on Unraid shares.  Mediabrowser Server is running in a Docker container with a host network type (so not bridged mode).  

Container volume: /movies

Host path: /mnt/User/Movies

From a share \\Tower\Movies\Drop, The (2014)\The Drop (2014).mkv

How would I setup path substitution.  Now that you've pointed that out, that looks a lot like what I need to do.

reluctantflux

He seems to be using 0.9.770. I see that the plex add-on is enabled. Could it be conflicting with the Mediabrowser add-on?

I added the Plex add-on after Mediabrowser didn't work.  I can uninstall it, but I added it to see if it would work, and it does.  He's setup the same way as Mediabrowser I mentioned above.  (In a docker container with Host network type access).

Angelblue05

Ah ok, then no worries :) If you installed it afterwards... to complete path substitution, you can check this post, it explains the concept well enough, I think :) http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17357-substitution-path-setup/?

p=168830

The setting is found in the server dashboard > Library > path substitution

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

reluctantflux

Ah ok, then no worries :) If you installed it afterwards... to complete path substitution, you can check this post, it explains the concept well enough, I think :) http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17357-substitution-path-setup/?

p=168830

The setting is found in the server dashboard > Library > path substitution

Fantastic! Solved!  Thanks for the super prompt support!

• Like 1