Trailer playback priority

rav3ndk

Hi,

Recently I have experienced a problem with the playback priority of trailers. I usually download all trailers locally to the movie folder and this is the trailer being played back in MBC. However lately I noticed the quality of the trailer being poor and buffering going on, so I started investigating.

It seems that when I select to playback trailer, it will first stream the trailer(s) defined in the trailer URL tag(s), and then it will playback my local trailer.

Could you please change this back, so if a local trailer exist - then only playback this or at least playback first. If a local doesn't exist then I am fine with playing the URL as a streamed trailer - although I would prefer a higher resolution for those trailers.

I am using:

MBC 3.0.243.0

MB 3.0.5490.2

I have trailers plugin 1.0.5498.21443 installed as well, but I don't this has any influence. I believe the fault lies within either MBC or Server in terms of priority of local trailers.

Best regards,

Lars-Heine

Starting Windows Media Center, then entering Media Browser 3 Classic. Enter a Movie Library -> Enter a single movie -> Click the Trailer icon.

As far as I'm aware, that process will only ever play a locally downloaded trailer defined within the movie.  Do you have an MBC log of when you do that and appear to be getting a streamed trailer?

It has always worked like that - playing only the local trailer. However it recently started streaming the trailer(s) defined in trailers url in movie.xml and when done with those, then it plays the local.

If I remove the trailer url's from the movie.xml and refresh the movie in MBC, then it plays the local trailer. I don't right now - but once I can get access at the home alter from the wife, I will try to generate some logs for you.

Okay, then something must have changed on the server end.  It must now be providing those urls as local trailers.

Cleared all logs and tried to playback trailer for one movie. First it played a streaming trailer and then it played the local trailer. I have attached the logfile.

*EDIT*

After doing the above I decided to test with another movie. So I tried adding a new movie to the library. This one did NOT have any trailer url's in the movie.xml, but it had a locally downloaded trailer in the movie directory. When I tried to play trailer it started buffering again and resolution looked bad. Once done playing the "streaming" trailer, it played the local. Could it be transcoding the local trailer somehow, if no trailer url is existing? I still don't get why it doesn't only and just only plays the local trailer. Maybe the trailer plugin could be the root cause? I will perform a test after removing the trailer plugin and report back.

server-63558169436.txt

Edited by rav3ndk

ebr,

I think I have found the component causing the problems. After experiencing problem with the test movie I added and seeing that it was somehow either downloading or transcoding the local trailer, I decided to do some more tests.

So I uninstalled the Trailers plugin - and voila - now only my local trailers are being played.

However I would hate to not have Trailers installed as both the wife and myself often use it to watch trailers to upcoming movies in theaters or on blu-ray, so it would be nice if we could have that fixed, so it doesn't mess around with our trailers during playback :P