Transparency! Mod?

riffy

xnappo

Nope.  You up for learning how? It isn't that hard if you have done any kind of scripting before.

xnappo

I saw from your XBMC post that you are mainly interested in the widgets. 

It should be pretty easy to hack it to get them to work.

Go to addons\skin.transparency.blahblah\720p

Make a backup of 'Includes_HomeWidgetLists.xml'

Edit the original 'Includes_HomeWidgetLists.xml' and replace things like:

$INFO[Window.Property(RecentMovie.1.Title)]

with the information from this thread:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5485-skin-support-window-properties-available/

like:

$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Title)]

You can do it :D

Changes don't take place until you reload

Edited by xnappo

ooooh... ok I'll give that a shot! Sounds easy enough. I assume it'd be the same type thing to point the movies, tv shows, etc on the home screen to the mb3 parts too? Currently I use all the available custom ones (whopping 3 lol) with favorite links. Works ok but... not ideal.

I figured I'd see if the person that made the skin would add support for this but... as you seen no one ever posted to my thread.

• Like 1

xnappo

Well who knows, if you start more people might join in and help.  

I think when you look at that file, and that post with the available variables, it will be pretty clear what to do :)

Play with the widgets first.  If you can get that going, I can help you look into adding more menu entries.

@@marcelveldt, @ and @@im85288 will help too as long as you show some eagerness in learning to fish :)

Edited by xnappo

Ok the widgets were easy enough. Can't figure out how to replace the main home window links, Movies, TV Shows etc... 

Also is there an Artist count? Don't see that in that list.

I think I figured out where to link the MB3 home items but, everything I've tried either goes to the root of MB or no where. Something like one of these in the Includes_Home.xml

<onclick>RunAddon(plugin.video.xbmb3c,std.movies.0)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,video.xbmb3c.std.movies.0)</onclick>

I'm stumped.

Figured it out: 

<onclick>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(MediaBrowser.std.photo.0.path)]</onclick>

but... how do you get the pictures to the folder view instead of all the pictures at once?

steve1977

Very great to see an attempt to see a MOD. I will also try to look into this on one of the next weekend. It reads like this can be done without coding skills.

One question - is it possible to accomplish the screen that comes up when clickign (...) in the native Kodi movie library view? The screen that shows "years", "artists", "genres", etc. I really love to be able to select to display all movies from 2014 or only animated movies. And love the flow the native Kodi library has to accomplish that.

xnappo

Photos aren't really something I have used yet.  Does it work the way you want with other MB3 modded skins, or are you comparing to native Kodi?

I will look a bit more this weekend.

I ended up coping a link from the favorites that goes to the folder view I wanted for photos. Ended up doing the same with the tv shows & movies because the posters where not showing up with the mediabrowser.std.movies.0.path one. It's some hugely long thing like ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=0&url=http... trails on for a good 50-100 char.

I don't know what most of these mean. The widgets were simple, these... not so much. lol I thought that the direct link to the std.whatever.0.path was easy but it just isn't working the way I want them too. Namely the posters & info wasn't showing up using them.

Still haven't found the artist count either.

xnappo

Yeah - those links(like mediabrowser.std.movies.0.path) are meant for the widgets, not to be used in the menu.  When I have time I will send you what to use for the menu points if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

[EDIT] On second thought, maybe that is how some of the skins work...

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...