can connect to local server

perry59
Go to solution Solved by 7illusions,

I don't think this is related to the "hostname not recognized" thing of which there is a lengthy thread.

Here, I have a tablet which usually connects to the server running on my home system.

I'm going to be doing some travelling so I thought it would be nice to run a server on the tablet and use a couple usb drives for my library.

I installed the server on the tablet, (not running the service, so when I'm at home I still connect to my home server, don't start the server on the tablet) fired up MB, after a minute I got the connection page.

Told it I wanted to connect manually, then got a connection page that actually showed icons for my home server and the the server I just installed, which it named "Tablet". I thought that's cool, I don't even have to type anything in, just click on my "Tablet" server icon. But lo, this did nothing but give me a message saying "make sure your server is running", which it was.

Manually entering "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 then gave the "hostname not recognized" error.

so what gives? MB seems to see my local server, then gets lost.

BTW, the address beneath my Tablet icon was an http, not a localhost or 127... that I would have expected.

Can someone tell me how to get this working?

thanks

Edited by perry59