v0.540 Released - Server Playlist Support

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Hi All,

New version with a new feature - Server Playlists.

Notes: Currently it is only possible to add a single video item to playlists - music, albums, series, shows will come but require a lot of additional GUI work to do so!

Note 2: Deleting a playlist will NOT delete the contents of the playlist. 

Note 3. Playlists can only have a certain type, either Audio or Video. So if you are wondering why all your playlists dont show in the add to playlist option, its hidden as it cannot be added to that playlist. This is by design of the server and is a good choice as I could not code mixed type playlists into the app :D 

54ca263d7dbb1_Capture1.png

54ca264e1dbca_Capture2.png

• Like 1

FrostByte

Tested using music playlist from server

Only plays one song and the quits.

In column 5 (which I believe is the disc#/track#) if there is no disc # tag for single discs it just displays a "?".  On multiple discs cds it works fine.  I assume though if I would to add a 1 in the disc id tag for single cds it would display like in your pic.

Also noticed it appears to be transcoding my wma files though the Samsung should play wma files just fine

http://pastebin.com/1Naw9ytv

FrostByte

In column 5 (which I believe is the disc#/track#) if there is no disc # tag for single discs it just displays a "?".  On multiple discs cds it works fine.  I assume though if I would to add a 1 in the disc id tag for single cds it would display like in your pic.

Also noticed it appears to be transcoding my wma files though the Samsung should play wma files just fine

In addition once it quits after playing one song I can no longer force it to play another song using any of the controls.  I have to completely back out of the app and restart.

chessdragon136

Sorry but i cannot replicate your crash. Can you create a new playlist, add 2 items and see if that crashes. If so, can you send me the 2 audio files so i can test with my system. And which server build do you run (stable, beta, dev) Are video playlists the same for you?

The display i just copied pasted from the music view page - So yes if undefined i may just display a 1 for disk number.and ? for track number.

And yes there is currently no profiles for music, so i simply transcode it all to MP3.

FrostByte

Thanks, I'll create some more playlists (both music and movie) to test here soon. 

When no disc# is present it doesn't display the track number either.  Just a single ? and no track#.

I am on the latest beta Version 3.0.5490.2

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Ran a few more tests

Test 1: used song playlist containing 2 wma files.  Played first song and then quit.  However, it did not lock up.  I was able to manually start the next song using the remote.  Possible the first wma playlist locked because there are over 1000 songs?

Test 2: transcoded a couple wma files offline and used a song playlist containing 2 mp3 files.  Playlist automatically played the second song after the first.  So this seems to work as designed using mp3 files.  At least ones that didn't need transcoding as the bitrate was low

Test 3: used a movie playlist containing a couple short (5 - 7 min long) mkv files.   Played the first short movie fine but then quit and did NOT play the second movie.  I was able to manually play the second using the remote.

chessdragon136

Music transcoding is a bit broken - I didn't put any effort in and it seems i need to.

Can you provide me a download link to the files that don't work (the mkv's) and i can then go investigate.

FrostByte

I'm not 100% sure transcoding is related to the stopping after the first song/movie because it's both wma and mkv files, but it may be.  I'm uploading something to OneDrive now, will send you a link when done

chessdragon136

Ok pushed out v0.541

• @@CBers - New setting "Auto Play" which will play the next episode in a season automatically. 
  • Fix for music - all music is currently transcoded! short term but necessary, the previous code was rubbish
  • Minor playlist fixes relating to graphical issues
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Just to confirm I'm still seeing the same results with wma and mkv playlists.  The mp3 playlist works.  Also noticed I can't play next in a wma playlist either.  Just seems once the first wma starts you can't play any other songs and I have to back all the way out of the app

Did notice the visual changes and it's a lot easier to read now, thanks

Edit: tested using .541

Edited by FrostByte