All PlayTo Devices In Logs Show 169. Address

Della Dog

Della Dog

I was puzzled as to why a brand new Samsung 8550 was not showing up in the web browser play to device section. After looking at the logs I discovered that all my client devices are being configured with 169. addresses. I know they are all findable under the appropriate 192. address. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

015-01-30 18:34:20.3804 Error - Dlna: Error creating PlayTo device.
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5490.2
    Command line: C:\Users\DellaDog\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 8
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\DellaDog\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\DellaDog\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Unable to connect to the remote server
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<GetDataAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<CreateuPnpDeviceAsync>d__cc.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToManager.<_deviceDiscovery_DeviceDiscovered>d__5.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException
     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
     at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
    InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 169.254.5.87:49152
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
     at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

2015-01-30 18:35:07.3020 Error - App: Error getting response from http://169.254.9.81:49152/4/description.xml
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5490.2
Command line: C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\DellaDog\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\DellaDog\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 169.254.9.81:49152
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
Edited by Della Dog

Angelblue05

@@Della Dog

Please edit your post, I believe this is posting your external IP. How did you set up access on your devices, do you use your internal ip address to reach the server?

Della Dog

@@Della Dog

Please edit your post, I believe this is posting your external IP. How did you set up access on your devices, do you use your internal ip address to reach the server?

Thanks, when you get a 169.254 address it is because the pc cannot reach the DHCP server and the device assigns it's own address in the 169. range. All of my devices are assigned private 192.168.. addresses. It's something in MB.

Angelblue05

Ok, just making sure :)

Is the port to reach the server (usually 8096) open in your router? Just to recap your setup, the pc(media browser) is on a 169. ip address while the rest is on a 192, correct?

Edited by Angelblue05

Della Dog

Ok, just making sure :)

Is the port to reach the server (usually 8096) open in your router? Just to recap your setup, the pc(media browser) is on a 169. ip address while the rest is on a 192, correct?

Yes, I can access all my content from both within and without the local network (the MB PC has a 192. address). It's something specific to Media Browser Server when it's hunting for devices.

Edited by Della Dog
  • Like 1