Not able to set up

negativzeroe

negativzeroe

Hi, as you can guess from the title, I cannot set up MediaBrowser on Kodi. I have put in the IP address of my computer that already has the MB3 server, and it's static because I use a dynamic DNS for remote desktop. It works great on my phone, but I never got the pop up that the few setup guides on here show - that recognizes my server and has me set up for first time, I downloaded the repo and installed it, but XBMB3C wasn't in there, just mediabrowser. I open mediabrowser in hopes that it will have me log in and set up (manually tried putting login info under samba) and it just opens to a blank list save for the two dots that kodi shows to return to the previous directory. What am I missing, and how can I do it? I feel like there is one small detail that is being overlooked.

EDIT. I should point out that I'm using the actual mediabrowser app on my phone, it didn't work for the android version of Kodi either.

Edited by negativzeroe

im85288

Hello, first of all it is correct that you see MediaBrowser and not XBMB3C. When you say you have put in the IP address of your MB3 server, where exactly did you enter this information? You need to go into the settings section to input your IP address, username and password. This is done in the same way any other addon in Kodi is configured.

If you are still having problems please follow this guide on how to report problems: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by im85288