Do hidden admin accts just not work?

knightbringer

knightbringer

I've had this problem before but must've forgotten which is why it's happened to me again.  I had one account called HTPC which had everything on it.  Everything worked fine.  I decided to create two new accounts.  KIDS where I filtered out all adult movies and RAY which I made an "admin" account.  I chose to hide the RAY account and left the other two available to be selected with HTPC needing a password.  RAY also had a password.  When I try to login, RAY doesn't work at all even when I manually type in the name.  I can only see the other accounts but since they are not admin accounts, it just logs me into the movie selection screen.  When I reset my password, it gives me a path to a txt file which then gives me a path to a localhost webpage, but it still gives me an invalid password/username when I try to login.

When this happened to me 6 months ago, I just uninstalled and reinstalled MediaBrowser, but this is kind of a ridiculous way to get around something as simple as resetting a password.

Any help will be appreciated.

you don't need to use that process to reset your password. that's only if you've forgotten your password and are locked out. if that is the case, then it should work. you can just leave the username field empty, then go through the forgot password process.

Yea just gave this a test, and all fine here.

Created new user Bob -> granted admin rights + hide from login screens. Then assigned a password, logged out.

I was able to then sign in manually by entering Bob and the password.

Then I tried the reset process. Clicked forgot password, went through the pin process. Then once again tried to sign in with Bob, only this time with a blank password since it had been reset. That all worked fine too.

knightbringer

Leaving the password field blank worked. I can't recall a system or service that I've used where they don't give you a temporary password to use.  i never thought of doing that.  Also, when going through the password reset process, it doesn't tell you specifically to leave the password field blank.

Thanks for your help.

Well if the password is reset then I thought it would be clear that there no longer is one. Based on your feedback I will improve that.