GameBrowser not fetching metadata for all titles

calvinm

I have been experiencing a consistent issue where GameBrowser only identifies half of the roms that I add to my library for any system. If I add 200 roms (within their own folder whose name matches the listing on http://thegamesdb.net/) only 100 posters will show up no matter how many times I scan the library or wipe the xml files and start over and I have to manually identify 100 of those games using the Metadata Manager's Identify tool. It seems to fail mostly on games that have similar titles like "Harry Potter and the ...", or titles that contain other titles in them like "Kingdom Hearts" vs "Kingdom Hearts II".

I tried renaming every folder in a single system to include the year on the end like "Kingdom Hearts (2002)". I've never seen that suggested anywhere, but that's what I do with my movie library, but the same titles failed to fetch their metadata. Is there some trick that I am missing? 

I have included a sample of my folder structure. Thanks.

post-5532-0-25769100-1422737462_thumb.png

wiretap

I've pretty much given up as well. I have 8 emulated systems with almost every game and it fails to pull the metadata for 90% of it. I use GameEx http://www.gameex.com/ and it pulls 99% of all my metadata perfectly, with video previews and everything. I'm just going to stick with that, or give HyperSpin a try. Maybe GameBrowser will be further developed so it works better in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
gvalentin

I've pretty much given up as well. I have 8 emulated systems with almost every game and it fails to pull the metadata for 90% of it. I use GameEx http://www.gameex.com/ and it pulls 99% of all my metadata perfectly, with video previews and everything. I'm just going to stick with that, or give HyperSpin a try. Maybe GameBrowser will be further developed so it works better in the future.

I have been running into the issue where I can't even get the games to show up when I create a library. I don't know what's up. I created a folder for each rom emulator as follows in the plugin/platform area:

• Roms
    • N64
      • Super Mario 64
        • Actual game in here
    • NES
      • Contra
        • Actual game in here
    • SNES
      • Super Mario World
        • Actual game in here

I then repeated these same steps/structure to adding them to the media library. Gamebrowser doesn't detect any and I can't browse any of them within Mediabrowser because it doesn't see them.

I have been running into the issue where I can't even get the games to show up when I create a library. I don't know what's up. I created a folder for each rom emulator as follows in the plugin/platform area:

• Roms
    • N64
      • Super Mario 64
        • Actual game in here
    • NES
      • Contra
        • Actual game in here
    • SNES
      • Super Mario World
        • Actual game in here

I then repeated these same steps/structure to adding them to the media library. Gamebrowser doesn't detect any and I can't browse any of them within Mediabrowser because it doesn't see them.

what did you add to the library? the Roms folder should be added as a Games library in the main setup area. Then in GameBrowser config you identify the n64 folder as nintendo 64, so on and so forth.

• Like 1

gvalentin

what did you add to the library? the Roms folder should be added as a Games library in the main setup area. Then in GameBrowser config you identify the n64 folder as nintendo 64, so on and so forth.

Thank you very much. That did it. I guess it has to follow this specific setup. Thanks again

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
Concept211

I have been experiencing a consistent issue where GameBrowser only identifies half of the roms that I add to my library for any system. If I add 200 roms (within their own folder whose name matches the listing on http://thegamesdb.net/) only 100 posters will show up no matter how many times I scan the library or wipe the xml files and start over and I have to manually identify 100 of those games using the Metadata Manager's Identify tool. It seems to fail mostly on games that have similar titles like "Harry Potter and the ...", or titles that contain other titles in them like "Kingdom Hearts" vs "Kingdom Hearts II".

I tried renaming every folder in a single system to include the year on the end like "Kingdom Hearts (2002)". I've never seen that suggested anywhere, but that's what I do with my movie library, but the same titles failed to fetch their metadata. Is there some trick that I am missing? 

I have included a sample of my folder structure. Thanks.

I think this thread got a little sidetracked from your original issue. I'm having the same exact issues, but I think found the reason for it: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31227-gamebrowser-metadata/