Kodi Newbie Question

jhyler

I apologize for what must be a very basic and obvious question...  

I just installed the app into XBMCuntu.  I can see all the server contents when "in" the app, but when I go to the top level of Kodi and select "Movies" or "TV Shows"... empty. Nothing there. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or have I missed a step in configuration?

Problem is, it only takes my users about 20 seconds  to accidentally exit the app and then get lost.  I am really hoping to find either a native app or one that is transparently integrated so there is no "mediabrowser mode" (so to speak) that can be accidentally exited.  Is there such a thing? (I tried MBT some months ago, but it didn't seem stable at the time, and I've heard virtually nothing about it in a long time).

Thanks!

xnappo

It sounds like you are not using one of our modified skins.  Try installing Titan or XF1080.

Thanks, xnappo!

The kodibuntu 14 repository I got contained two skins, aeon nox 5.05 mediabrowser and xf1080. It was aeon nox that was having the trouble I described.  I've now tried xf1080 and it works!  Although it's not quite the 10-foot interface I'd like, so I will look for titan.

Thanks again!

marcelveldt

Thanks, xnappo!

The kodibuntu 14 repository I got contained two skins, aeon nox 5.05 mediabrowser and xf1080. It was aeon nox that was having the trouble I described. I've now tried xf1080 and it works! Although it's not quite the 10-foot interface I'd like, so I will look for titan.

Thanks again!

Titan is available in the official kodi repository and betas are in the beta mediabrowser repo.