Help Required - Direct Play Parameters

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Hi all,

Edit: I have created a document which contains screenshots of the playable media pages from manuals - these are what the app will work to

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=34188BEEC92DC33C!70258&authkey=!AAVab1PELg7uExk&ithint=folder%2cdocx

This morning I spend an hour and now have a separate file which controls which codecs, resolutions, bitrates... are playable without transcoding, and I have now split this down per Model of tv (well, at the moment it is D series and default, which means all others, but ideally a switch needs to be added for each series)

The file can be found on GitHub here:

https://github.com/ChessDragon136/MediaBrowser.SamsungUnofficial/blob/master/MediaBrowser%203/app/javascript/Gui/GuiPlayer/GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.js

Basically, I need people who have E,F and H series TV's to go through the manual, find the supported formats page and add to the code. The page is usually near the back of the manual and appears as a table. Copy the code from the page to notepad and alter it in that, then just save the file and upload to me somehow. 

H Series Manual: - Thanks @@gbone8106 - Page 220 has the table.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201409/20140923192212990/%5BENG-US%5DNUATSCH-1.116.pdf

If you can't understand the code, then let me know and I'll write a short explanation but if you're uncertain I'd prefer you help by continuing to test and report issues like you all have been :)

Note: Do not add support for 4k or any resolution over 1920x1080 (I'll fix 3d Resolutions later on)

Thanks,

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

I found the manual for my F7500 set; I think altering the code is all about replacing the "D" with "F" for F series case; and replacing the formats with the ones listed in the manual; if yes; then I'm on.

chessdragon136

Don't replace, basically for each of the functions create a new case for "F" (so copy paste D, name it F, and then fill in the information)

So getCodec would become:

GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.getCodec = function(codec) {
	switch (Main.getModelYear()) {
	case "D":
		switch (codec) {
		case "mpeg2video":
		case "mpeg4":
		case "h264":	
		case "wmv2":
		case "wmv3":
		case "vc1":	
			return true;
			break;
		default:
			return false;
			break;
		}
		break;
         case "F":
		switch (codec) {
                //Add Compatible Codecs Here, lower case
		case "mpeg2video":
		case "mpeg4":
		case "h264":	
		case "wmv2":
		case "wmv3":
		case "vc1":	
			return true;
			break;
		default:
			return false;
			break;
		}
		break;
	default:
		switch (codec) {
		case "mpeg2video":
		case "mpeg4":
		case "h264":	
		case "wmv2":
		case "wmv3":
		case "vc1":	
			return true;
			break;
		default:
			return false;
			break;
		}
		break;
	}
}

In case the below are the supported formats by F7500; what are the equivalent codec short names:

Divx 3.11 /4/5/6 MPEG4 SP/ASP H.264 BP/MP/HP Motion JPEG Microsoft MPEG-4 v3 Window Media Video v7,v8,v9 MPEG2 MPEG1 VP6 MVC VP8 H.264

CBers

F8000:

Supported File Formats
This TV is capable of playing back the following types of files. For more information, refer to the
"Subtitle and Media Contents file formats, and Codec" section.
● Photos: bmp, jpg, mpo, png
● Music: aac, flac, m4a, mpa, mp3, ogg, wma
● Video: 3gp, avi, asf, flv, m2ts, mkv, mov, mp4, mpg, mts, svi, ts, tp, trp, vob, vro, webm, wmv
● Subtitles: ass, psb, smi, srt, ssa, sub, ttxt, txt
With .avi, .mkv, and .mp4 files, the TV supports embedded subtitles.

Capture1000.jpg
  • Like 1

gbone8106

Ok I believe I added almost everything for the H series; 2 questions though. Not sure how to handle the fact the MVC bit rate is 60mbps, also I know you said not to but would it be a huge problem to just go ahead and include the 4k resolution; with HEVC(h265) we should start so seem some of this videos coming out in the near future; just a thought. Chessdragon136, can you check to see if you see the proposed change I made? Also if you need a tester for a build including this I can definitely help troubleshoot playback.

chessdragon136

Can you host the file somewhere and I can check it's right and implement it

As for the HEVC stuff, I don't believe the player I use in the app supports it so I'd prefer to test that outside the main distribution. 

I'll let you know when the next build goes out with these changes :)

Thank you!

chessdragon136

Thank you - Just had a quick scan and it is mostly right, and i understand your previous question a bit more now

Bassiacally as you can see each function has a switch on the TV model, then a further switch on codec. Basically if the H series supports more codecs you simply need to add additional cases in (See MVC here) (Note: I am assuming that mediabrowser3 server calls it mvc - have no media of that type to check but the principle stands)

GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.getCodec = function(codec) {
	switch (Main.getModelYear()) {
        case "H":
		switch (codec) {
		case "mpeg2video":
		case "mpeg4":
		case "h264":
	        case "h265":
		case "wmv2":
		case "wmv3":
		case "vc1":	
                case "mvc": //Added New Codec for H series! This case would have to be added to each function and values returned based on what the codec supports (except the audio ones) 
			return true;
			break;
		default:
			return false;
			break;
		}
		break;
Edited by chessdragon136

gbone8106

Ok I see, and i was going to add that, but as I believe mvc (which is 3D) is just a variation of H264, so I was wondering if it indeed needed to be implied "mvc", or if the "h264" with the higher bitrate will just take care of it.

chessdragon136

Add it in - Its better to have it there and not used than not there when its needed :) 

Like i say, I don't know how MB3 Server categorises it. 

F8000:

Supported File Formats

This TV is capable of playing back the following types of files. For more information, refer to the

"Subtitle and Media Contents file formats, and Codec" section.

● Photos: bmp, jpg, mpo, png

● Music: aac, flac, m4a, mpa, mp3, ogg, wma

● Video: 3gp, avi, asf, flv, m2ts, mkv, mov, mp4, mpg, mts, svi, ts, tp, trp, vob, vro, webm, wmv

● Subtitles: ass, psb, smi, srt, ssa, sub, ttxt, txt

With .avi, .mkv, and .mp4 files, the TV supports embedded subtitles.

Capture1000.jpg

This is the same for 7500 series

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chessdragon136

So am I, no problem - That link too is a 404 - Is it a public fork? May explain why I cant see it if its private

chessdragon136

I honestly don't know - I just remember that when i set up my new repository i was asked whether to make it public or private. 

Thanks for the file - Very much appreciated. 

chessdragon136

Ok I've got it implemented in my code from your dropbox so feel free to delete it from there - I've added a comment in the file to recognise your work - Thank you

chessdragon136

I have created a document which contains screenshots of the playable media pages from manuals - these are what the app will work to

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=34188BEEC92DC33C!70258&authkey=!AAVab1PELg7uExk&ithint=folder%2cdocx

I have made it editable - Id anyone has an E series TV can you take a screenshot and add it on the relevant page please.

Gives an indication of the improvements made!

Thanks

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1